Chapter 30: Consent to Rebelling

Start from the beginning

Rodney nervously laughed.

I stood up, feeling elevated...and hungry. "I'm hungry. Do you want anything to eat," I asked.

"Sure," he replied.

Just as I was approaching the exit door of the mess hall, Rodney grabbed my arm back. "Vince, where are you going?"

"I don't know, maybe to a Chinese restaurant. I'm very hungry," I stated the obvious as my stomach growled loudly. I'm a big man, 6'2 and 86 kilos of muscle. I need food.

"Leaving the hospital wouldn't be very wise," Rodney stated. "Excuse me, Miss, could you turn on the news channel," he asked turning to the girl behind the counter of the café. She nodded and switched on the television at the top right corner of the room. A woman was being interviewed.

"I think an interracial relationship in the Royal Family is perfectly fine. I don't know what the girl looks like, but mixed babies usually come out looking beautiful," the woman said, smiling. Her comment brought a slight grin to my face as well.

"I thought Prince Vincent was getting married to Melanie? What happened to her? Isn't she pregnant two," a man spoke.

"I heard the girl's water broke very early in her pregnancy. I don't know much about pregnancy, but I know that's not good. I hope the babies survive," another man said concernedly.

"They're going to have some gorgeous babies, especially if the girl is beautiful. I mean, have you seen the Prince!? He's hot as hell," a young woman said.

"And there you have it, England's reaction to a mixed couple in the Royal Family. So far, we haven't gotten word about how the Royal mistress is doing, but from what we can tell, she definitely has some supporters," the woman said as the camera revealed multiple people holding up supporting signs.

'Get well soon.'

'#Teammixedbabies.'

'Royally Interracial.'

England was on our side. It made me proud to know that the country was nothing like the Royal Family. Right then, I knew I didn't want to be a part of this family. Sure, we were rich and got whatever we wanted as we grew up. But, the moment you tell them you love someone that they disapprove of, they want to deprive you of your love and pry your hearts apart. But, because I love Shadé so much, I refuse to let that happen.

"Rodney...I don't care if the press is outside waiting for answers. If I have to give them answers, I'll give it to them, as long as I can eat," I said, turning around to leave.

"Vincent, wait! Are you seriously going to entertain all of this!? You've gone mad," Rodney persuaded.

"Rodney, it really doesn't bother me," I said approaching the lobby. The receptionist looked a bit frightened by the number of people standing outside the hospital. Hell, I kind of got intimidated by the mob of people outside.

"Whoa," I said.

"You're Majesty, I hope you weren't planning on just walking outside," the woman said.

"Do you still want to go outside," Rodney asked cockily.

"Yes."

"What," the receptionist and Rodney spoke simultaneously.

"It wouldn't be wise! You have no security with you," Rodney commented.

"I can handle myself, Rod. Besides, I want the world to know I love her," I said determinedly.

"Oh, this woman has you really going crazy," Rodney said, shaking his head.

He's damn right, but I don't care. I pulled out a few notes and handed it to him. "If you don't mind, could you go through the back exit? I'll call Troy-err-Harry, to meet you there."