4. Sachertorte

"What are you looking at? Do you have something to say to me? Don't get the wrong idea. I let you into my room, but I don't accept you as the royal tutor, nor you as his assistant." Leonhard said, looking quite annoyed. "I assure you, we're well aware." Heine said for the both of us. Heine and I were here to test his temperament, but from the looks of it he wouldn't take the test willingly. "Your Highness. You have found me unpleasant since you first saw me, yes?" "Obviously! I told you. I hate teachers." "I've done nothing to you, yet you reject me so strongly. Is there a specific reason-" Heine got cut off by Leonhard who banged his fists on the table. "Silence! For me, the very fact that you are a tutor makes you despicable. Teachers... Ooh, teachers... I hate them as much as I hate carrots and bell peppers!" I chuckled under my breath. That is the best comparison I've ever heard. "Your Highness, do you dislike carrots and bell peppers?" The bell pepper carrot asked. Leonhard slapped his hand in front of his mouth and removed it a second later. "S-So what if I do?" "Your Highness is surprisingly childish." "How dare you! I'm fifteen. I'm a magnificent adult! I can't spoil my appetite for dinner, so every evening I hold back from eating sachertorte, my favorite. How do you like that? Very adult, yes?" "That is magnificent." Heine said with a straight face. 'For a child,' I added in my head. "Sachertorte... sachertorte... I want some..." Leonhard said, and for once I could agree with him. "You love sachertorte that much, do you? But why do you dislike teachers that much?" "That's none of your business." "Unless I understand, I cannot do better. As the royal tutor, I would like to build trust with-" "Teachers can't be trusted! No teacher has ever truly paid attention to me. They're always too busy paying attention to father's mood. And most of all.. I hate studying. Teachers force me to study. Therefore, they're my enemy." Leonhard interrupted. "Well, what kinds of lessons have you had with the previous royal tutors?" "I've been running from them. Sometimes at a full-speed sprint. Other times on horseback. It gave me skill and stamina," He said as he showed us his trophy collection, "These are the trophies my physical prowess won for me. Hmph. So? Terrified by my talents?" Leonhard had continued. "You could say so, in more than one way." After hearing this I, and probably Heine as well, thought that he might run away as soon as we ask him to take the test. "Your Highness, occasionally you must feel in the mood to study..." I could honestly see the life draining from Leonhard's face as soon as Heine said that. I glared at the little tutor as soon as I saw that. "Or not." He sat back down. "Studying-" Leonhard stood again. "Is something you hate indeed." Back to sitting. "What?" Leonhard asked as he saw Heine and me look at him. "To tell the truth, I have a pop quiz-" And that's when Leonhard starting running for the exit. But he never reached it since Heine was faster. "You can keep up with my sprint? Not bad." "I'd like you to take this test. Don't. It only covers basic problems in language and mathematics." "No way, no how! I can't believe you were hiding a test. I knew teachers couldn't be trusted. Out of my way!" He said, obviously very upset. "No need to throw a tantrum." I said before Heine could. "Damn it. You leave me no choice." He went to climb out of the window. "You dropped something." Heine and I said at the same time as out hands touched each other, both trying to pick it up. I felt my heart miss a beat at that exact moment. Arrhythmia? No, that can't be.. I was the one to let go, but as soon as Leonhard saw what it was he came running towards us, trying to take the book. "Hey! Give it here!" Leonhard yelled. "Step, step, step, step, step." Heine said stepping back as he did. "Roll, roll, roll." He rolled underneath the couch that Leonhard had been sitting on previously. "A diary? Today's regret... When the maid brought my melange, I couldn't say 'thank you' again. I'm hopeless. A lost cause. I don't deserve to live." Heine silently said. It sounds like this prince might not be the way we think he is. This is an intensely negative diary. "Today's regret.. I ruined the book Bruno lent me. I want to die. A reflective diary then?" Heine said even quieter than before. "Come out here, you coward!" Leonhard said looking under the couch. "Prince Leonhard. You keep a reflective diary?" He said after having rolled away from the couch. "No, that's.. Right, that's my brother's diary! My baby brother Licht must have left it in my room." He said, clearly not wanting us to know anything about it. "I see. I will return it to him, then." I said after having taken the diary from Heine. He put his hand on my shoulder, looking extremely embarrassed and said: "Give it back." I felt my heart miss a beat again. I seriously have to find some information about arrhythmia. "Will you take your test?" I said with a slight smirk on my face. "I told you I won't" He replied. I went to the window and read as loudly as I could: "Today's regret.. I picked the bell peppers out of my dinner. Oh, how awful I am." "Stop it!" I looked at him and then back at the diary. "Today's regret.. I ran away from my lessons yet again. Why do I always.." He was trembling as I red it out loud. "Fine! I won't run. I'll take your test! I promise! So cut it out, you sadist assistant!" He said, worried that anyone else would find out.

"I'm not made out of time, you know. Why should I take this stupid test?"He was practically crying while writing down his answers. When Heine slapped his ow hand with his pointer Leonhard began to work a little more seriously. "As a prince, I order you to tell me the answer to number one." He ordered. I chuckled, because I knew that question to be very easy. "If I told you the answers, it would not be a test." "I hate your guts." Leonhard said. Heine and I decided to read some more of the diary and stood up. 'I am not good at socializing. I tend to run away from my lessons and things I dislike, but I want to fix that part of me bit by bit. I want to become a magnificent person like Bruno one day.' I think it was kinda sweet how he had such a sensitive side, but it also made me a little sad, knowing he feels this way. His overblown pride is a front to hide his frailty. But he won't grow if you always fear being hurt and in turn run away from reality. "Here. Happy now?" Leonhard said, putting the paper in Heine's hands. "Thank you. I have indeed received your answer sheet. I will see you in the reception hall at four o'clock." Heine said in a monotone voice. "As if I'd go." Leonhard said, lifting his head a little from the table that he had let it fall on before. "His Majesty the King instructed me to give equal attention to all four of Your Highnesses. I will only begin my lessons if I am able to gather you all together." "I don't need a royal tutor, got it? Get out!" "Is that so?" Heine said and immediately after we walked out. 

Leonhard's POV (Surprise motherfuckers!)

"Huh? They actually left? Huh?" I said. I mean, I didn't want then to stick around, but it ticks me off that they left so quickly.. If that's how it's going to be, maybe I'll complain to father, Heine! I picked up my dairy, looking at it once more. I thought that if anyone ever read my diary they'd laugh at me. Stupid sadist teacher and assistant think they can read my private thoughts. Good riddance! I then heard a knock on the door. So they're back? Well, it's already too late.. Well, I guess I can humor him this once. "Come in." I said triumphantly. "Pardon me." Said a voice that was neither the tutors nor Y/N's. I recognized it to be one of the maids. "Here is what Your Highness requested."She said with a smile. "Huh? I didn't ask for anything." I said confused. "Huh? But.. I was instructed to serve this to Your Highness." She put it down and I saw there was a piece of sachertorte on the tray with a small note. "Thank you for your hard work." I read out loud. I stared at the name on the card. Y/N. The assistant. As soon as I saw her I had noticed that she was beautiful and when she chuckled I could feel my heart miss a beat."I-I guess I don't have to tell father. But I won't put up with them again." I said, stuffing some sachertorte in my face. "Sachertorte is so yummy.."

Heine's POV (Another surprise!)

We'll only baby you for today, Your Highness. Now, the next prince is.. 

Bruno's POV (I'm full of surprises today!)

"Heine Wittgenstein and F/N L/N. You have nothing to teach me."

----------------------------

Hi!

So I wrote this yesterday, because I decided that I would need enough time to write the rest of the chapters for next week so I'm going to tell you about my Friday! During physics, my last class for the day, you could leave as soon as you were done with everything. I had decided not to finish it at home, because I work more efficiently at school. I also didn't feel like it, but one of my classmates was having a conversation with another physics teacher (not our teacher) saying that he was dumb. Resulting in the teacher saying that he wasn't dumb, because physics is pretty difficult. The student said that that was his reason for being dumb, because you can make millions with physics related jobs, but no! He choose to be a teacher! And that was kind of how their heated discussion went and let's just say that the few people that were still there all laughed there asses off. I was also the only girl left there. So yeah, that was fun.

Well, I hoped you like this chapter and I'll talk to you later!

-Hunter J. King