1. Letter

I just got home from my daily walk through the city, which was as lively as ever, and I decided that it might be good for me to drink some tea. I asked one of the maids if they could bring me the usual, Earl Grey, and a piece of sachertorte. After a short while she came back with my treats as well as a letter. "Miss Y/N, a letter addressed to you just arrived," She said slightly bowing after she had put the treats and tea down. "Who is the sender?" I asked as she poured the tea into my favourite cup. "It looks like the king's seal, Miss," She bowed lightly as she left my chambers. I hummed softly and took a knife from my desk drawer, opening the letter efficiently as I read every word of the cursive text. My eyes widened at the information provided. I was going to work in the palace as a tutor's assistant. Oh dear, this might not be the best thing I;ve heard today. The letter said that a carriage would come to pick me up in a week and that I could only bring 2 suitcases. The first one was good news, a week was more than enough to prepare for such a thing, the part about only being able to take 2 suitcases however was very bad news. I may not be much of a fashionista, but one thing I do know is that I'm not gonna be able to take that much with me. First of all I would have to take important things with me, like my weapons and paint, and I knew that alone would already need 2 suitcases. I guess I'm going to have to go there with only the clothes I have on my body. Honestly, that isn't such a bad idea. 

The next morning I had decided to write the king back, asking what things were absolutely necessary for me to take with me and what would be provided for me in the castle. I burned some wax and pressed my family's seal into it. I had my butler, Sebastian, pick it up and personally deliver it at the castle. after that I asked a maid to get the bathtub ready so that I could freshen myself up. One of the maids helped me take of my nightgown and I slowly soaked myself in the burning hot water, as the same maid, Rosa, washed my back. After the bath she helped me get dressed in a modest F/C dress, and after she left I brushed my H/L H/C hair. I looked in the mirror and stared into my own E/C orbs. They were dull, they had been for a while now. The sparkling had stopped quite some time ago, after the accident to be precise. 

A few thugs had cornered me and my parents while we were out in town, trying to get to the theater. We had been dropped of right in front of the theater, but it was fairly busy and I couldn't exactly see what was going on, until we all got pushed into an alleyway on the side of the building. They had weapons and they were pointing them at us, telling us to give them all our valuables, however my father did not want to go along with that. That's when I got shot in my arm. After that my parents gave up pretty quickly, but I didn't budge. I was quite shocked of course, and I was also in a lot of pain, but that's not the reason I didn't do what they told me too. I looked the one that shot me straight in the eyes, all that could be found in my usually sparkling E/C orbs was a dull and lifeless stare. He cocked his gun and pointed it at my mother this time. That is when I snapped. Within just a few seconds all of the bad guys that had cornered us were on the ground, groaning in pain and blood allover their bodies. I looked down and saw that my hand and my dress were now smudged with blood and mud, my parents standing behind me, scared looks on their faces. I couldn't see it, but I just knew. When I turned around I gave a half-hearted smile to them and said:"I don't think I can go into the theater anymore."

I still remember that day as if it was yesterday. My arm had healed by now, but the scar was still visible. My parents had soon after left on a business trip to a neighbouring country, but I knew that I was the real reason they left. They were scared of me. 

--------------------

Hi!

It is me, author, I just want to apologize for starting without any of our beloved characters, but I wanted to give you a bit of a backstory! I also apologize that it's so short, but I still have quite some French homework to do. Please let me know what you think!

-Hunter J. King