Request- Zach Dempsey

(Y/N's P.O.V)
I rushed out of algebra to the library to study when I hear someone shout my name. I turn around to see my best friend, Zach Dempsey.

"Zach!" I yell trying to catch his attention.
"Hey Y/N! I was wondering if you wanted to hang out during our free period?" he asks as he turns to face me.
"I wish I could but I promised I'd help Jeff study for our history test."
"Oh. OK." he mumbles.
"You could join us?" I suggest, noticing his change in mood
"Nope. It's fine." he replies bluntly.

And with that he walked off, looking slightly hurt yet annoyed. I wonder what that's about. I shrug it off and go to find Jeff. I walk into the library and see Jeff sat at a table with Clay.

"Hey Jeff! Clay! Are you gonna study with us?"
"No. I just had to ask Jeff something." Clay responds.
"Oh well, I guess I'll see you around then."
"Yep bye!" he says as he departs from our view.
"Bye Clay!" Jeff and I chorus at the same time.

I then sat down and I talked with Jeff about the test and began studying.

*1 hour later*

I waved goodbye to Jeff and headed to my next lesson, biology. I run into the classroom as the bell rings. I take my seat next to Zach, but he isn't there, and he didn't walk in late. Zach where are you? I listened intently to the teacher, taking thorough notes that Zach can copy later. I sat there wondering why Zach wasn't there. Was he sick? Did I do something wrong? Sighing I went back to taking down notes, my sub conscience left to itself.

The lesson seemed to go on forever, but fortunately, the bell soon rang. I rushed out of class to find Zach's friend Justin. I knew him but not well enough to call him a friend. I soon found him and run towards him.

"Justin!"
"Hey Y/N. You okay?" he asks looking slighlty worried.
"Yeah, I'm fine, but Zach isn't. Do you know where he is?"
"When I last saw him he said he was going to Monet's, but he's probably home now." he informs me.
"Thanks Justin!"

I then grabbed my things and ran outside of school, that's when I remembered I didn't have a ride. Zach took me to and from school. I'll have to ask someone else. Luckily, Jeff didn't have practise , plus he just walked out of the school.

"Hey Y/N." Jeff greets.
"Hey Jeff, can you give me a ride?" I ask, giving the best puppy eyes I can muster.
"Where? Home?"
"Nah. I need to check on Zach, he wasn't in biology and Justin said he went home." I state.
"Oh, Ok. Let's go then loser." he smirks
"Hey! I am not a loser! You are." I retaliate.
"How dare you?!" he gasps as we both begin to laugh.

We both try to keep a straight face, but fail horribly. We then get in the car, straight away I turn on the radio and Taylor Swift comes on. The car ride consisted of Jeff and I singing terribly along to Taylor Swift tracks, laughing and joking the whole way there. We finally got to Zach's and parked outside.

"How long are you gonna be?" Jeff asks
Stay here for the first 10-15 minutes, if it takes longer or your mum wonders where you are, you can go." I tell him.
"OK."

I step out of the car and walk up the driveway. nervously, I knock on the door. Fortunately, Zach opens the door.

"Y/N..." he trails off.
"Zach what happened? Why did you leave?" I interrogate him.
"I felt ill."
"Zach. I'm your best friend, I know when your lying. Tell me what's wrong?" I state pointedly.
"Nothings wrong." he lies.
"Zach, I don't have all day. Jeff's waiting." I moan.
"Oh, of course. Always with Jeff." he scoffs.
"What's wrong with Jeff?"
"Oh, nothing." he says bluntly.
"There's clearly something wrong. Wait... Is the infamous Zach Dempsey jealous?" I tease.
"No..." he mumbles.
"Oh..My..God! You are so jealous?"
"No I'm not." he says almost yelling.
"Wait. Why though? Because I've been studying with Jeff?!"
"No..."
"Zach, I don't understand why you're jealous. You're my best friend. So what's your problem?" I ask him hoping to get an answer
"You." he mutters under his breath.
"What?"
"You! You're my problem. Ok." he shouts.
What do you mean?"
"Your so oblivious to my feelings! Every time I've set myself up to tell you, you hanging out with Jeff!" he rants.
What do you mean your feelings? What aren't you telling me?!"
"I like you. I really like you. Wait no. I love you Y/N. And it drives me crazy knowing someone else makes you smile." he confesses.
"Zach... I..."
"Fuck it."

(Zach's P.O.V)
I surge forward and smash my lips to hers, with a slight violence. She stays still for a moment, almost frozen. She then begins to kiss back. Wait. Maybe she likes me to.

"I love you too Zach"
_____________________________________
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READSSSSS!!!! I genuinely can't believe it but thank you so so so so much.
- Dani x