Chapter XXVII: Memories

"What are you planning to do?" I asked Deku, wearing the bracers around my my arm. She glance at me, sitting over a street light outside the agency. She look away after a few seconds of meeting my eyes, looking at the straigh as if she knows that the villains are up ahead.

"Probably find Shigaraki."

"What if he used that quirk on you 1again." She smiled, glancing back at me.

"I've learn to use my weakness into an advantage. That's all I could tell you." She uttered, jumping down from the light rather gracefully.

"And if this is all over?" I asked 1hesitantly.

"I'll go away."

"Why do you have to?"

"I still have to look over you from a distance."

"You can just stay, keep everything a secret... Please." It was the only thing I could think of, but I knew instantly that I can never convince her.

"I can't." I don't understand why.

"You'll leave Kazuki?"

"He doesn't belong to my side, his future will never shine alongside with me."

"He wouldn't care."

"But I care! For him! For you! Just think what the others will say!"

"They don't matter!"

"They do! It will ruin your career! We don't belong to each other! How many times do I have to tell you that?!"

"I don't fucking care!" There was nothing new to this qrguement, I insist, she refuses. The refusal to understand each other will make nothing.

"If this is how you show your love toward me I don't want it! I want to be with you! That's how I want to show it! Please, please, I need you! I spent my entire life for you! I don't know how it would be without you!" My eyes felt hot as my lips began to tremble. I can't live with it, with her nowhere near me, with me incapable of protecting her.

"Spend your life on someone else!" She could easily say that.

"But they're not fucking you! To They will never be you! And you're the one I want! I need! I love! Not them!" There was silence between us, as our eyes were starting to Each other.

And she still refuses.

"Then please take care of Kazuki." Was what she merely said.

"N-no, Izuku please... He'd say the same, he'd begged for you to stay with him, he'll hate me." That child, like I do, loves her more than anything else.

"I'm sorry... My decesion is final." He turned her back on me.

"I love you." She whispered like it was the last time we'll ever talk to each other. I did not respond, refusing to accept that those sincere tender words will escape from her lips one last time under my presence. I want to hear it everyday, when I wake up, before I skeep, everytime we talk, I need to hear it more than how she did.

It pained me later on, to see the butterfly bracelet I gave her, wondering if she knew that I gave it to her yet still somewhat happy that she still has it.