Chapter XVII: Laughter

"Why should I?" She merely replied, as the atmosphere grew much more heavier. My lips began to tremble seeing how much of a monster she is now, she talks about killing someone as if it was nothing, this is not my Izuku.

"Look, you don't want to do this!" I almost half yelled, grabbing the glass of wine getting annoyed of it floating in front of me.

"I do, actually." She stated at me straigh in the eye, her own glass floating over the table, gracefully putting itself over it

"You don't! This is your quirk speaking! This isn't you!" I yelled now, growing desperate. I missed her, I searched for her, and now she's here... I just have to stop her, get this quirk of hers to stop controling her.  This isn't her,  this will never be her! I just know that somewhere she doesn't want any of this, that she hates what she is doing!

"They laughed Kacchan..." The nickname froze me, as her eyes were now filled with sadness instead of calmness and coldness.

"They just laughed..." She said, still staring at me.

"When I chased Black Knight that day, into a dark alley, he was calling Bloody Velvet, congratulating her for not failing to hide every single evidence againts them." She stated, just sitting there, staring at me. Just that, and I couldn't move, couldn't speak, I don't even know if she's capable of doing this to me.

"He was laughing, saying aloud that no one will ever know who murdered the my parents... Then he turned to look at me, I was so scared, I tried to run away from him."  Her now ruby red eyes were starting to gleam with tears, as they fell afterward.

"He used his quirk on me, hit me over my shoulder, it was hopeless, I was scared, couldn't move, couldn't speak as he merely stared at me with a smirk. There was no guilt in those eyes and I never thought I wouldn't hate anyone like that." She was telling her story, and I could picture everything so clearly it was heart breaking to even imagine it.

"He said that the last one is in front of him, and he said he'd play with me."

"Agony and fear turned to anger as I started screaming at him, telling him he was a monster, yelling at him how could he as he wasn't listening at all... He merely smiled... I was so scared back then Kacchan..." I started blaming myself from then on... If only I went with her, if only I was there... Would things be more different.

"He dragged me into his car... He touched me using his filthy hands, I was screaming, begging for him not to do it but he didn't listen... He kept mocking me, he kept laughing he kept saying not to worry since I'd follow my parents anyway..." The guilt forming within my chest is something that I couldn't carry anymore as I kept blaming myself for what happened.

I wasn't there when she needed me mosr, when she needed someone to save her, to protect her while she was screaming for help... I was sitting in a cafe, enjoying my latté waiting for her..

"I managed to kick him off me, and when I got out... I lost it, I killed him... Did not even regret it... Scared maybe, but it did not last long... He was monster." My eyes feels so hot now.

"Kacchan... This isn't reasonable to you, but I just really hate them, nothing's going to change that." I wasn't able to supress a sob escape between my trembling lips as I forced myself to look at her. She had stood from the sofa now as I only realized one thing.

This is all my fault.

"I'm sorry... I wasn't there... I wasn't---" she suddenly cupped both my cheeks, wiping the tears away catching me off guard. Her hands were warm, they had always been. I missed it, loved it, I needed it.

"It was never your fault, don't blame yourself."

"No... You needed me, I wasn't thers... I promised that--- I promised you that- that no matter what I'd always protect you." How could I claim something like that?

She suddenly pressed her lips over mine, I could smell the seductive red wine all over her as I did not even dare to push her away. I just let her, returned it, didn't know what got into me...

Whatever that is, I finally got it out as I pushed her away.

"No--- you need to stop." Her cold gaze returned when I uttered that, knowing what I meant.

"She needs to die."

"She's guilty!"

"She isn't! She's scared for her own life! She's selfish! She isn't guilty! I'll kill her even if it means I have to go againts you!" She slapped my hands off her shoulder, her gaze turning into a piercing glare.

"Once the clock strikes 13th, she'll die... I'll kill her, protect her if you can because you wouldn't be able to..." She turned her back on my as I grab her wrist.

"N-no Izuku! Please! You need to stop! I need you! I still love you!" That came out tacklessly as there was silenced between us for a while. My grip on her wrist slowly lossen as I figured out I can never stop her.

"I love you to, Kacchan..." She smiled, her expression softened as she suddebly desappeared from my sight, once again going out of my grasp, out of my reach. I couldn't do anything but screamed out of frustration still leaving my glass of wine untouch, a reminded that she really was here.

It took me a while to pick my phone up, for the police to come over along with my classmates who tried to comfort me.

They couldn't...

I was ruined beyond repair, my failure and guilt had shattered my heart completly as I knew that I'll never get her back.

That I can never be happy with her ever again.