XV. Slow Jams

Elias

Currently throwing back shots to ease my mind once again. Zion convinced me to come to this college night shit with him and Kenyon, but I wasn't really for it. I had some info I needed to get about this whole baby situation with Fallon. She's been on social media throwing subliminals and shit, but when I call her to see how she's doing she don't wanna answer. This has been heavy on my mind since coming back and I haven't really talked to anyone about it.

Maybe I should.

"Say, ain't that Jade over there wit those Ques?" I heard Ken ask.

I looked up there and sure enough Jade was up there serving bottles to the dudes that were on the other side of VIP. "She workin', bruh. Leave the girl alone," Zion answered. "I'm tired of tryna keep these dudes off her. If she wanna give them time, oh well. Sis single as fuck."

"I'm tired of keepin' that nigga Shad from her. You know the dude asked her out today? I shoulda let her ass go," Ken sipped from his glass.

My eyes shot up to where she was again and Shad was smiling in her face and shit. She was grinning like she liked the attention and this truly got me heated. I'm selfish as hell, man. It's like I'm fully aware of how I'm acting towards her but on the other hand, I don't give a fuck. She mine in my head. I need to just tell her what's going on before she gets the wrong idea. Shit, the way people talk around here she probably already knows about Fallon. Just like the nigga Dorian stuck on Jade, Fallon's ass is stuck on me. Shit's annoying. Fuck it, I need Jade.

"Look at this nigga gettin' all 'Hulk Smash'," Ken laughed as I walked past them and made my way to where she was. Her and Sapphire were still talking to the Ques and collecting their tips.

"Ayo, if y'all need anything else, y'all got that order tab," Jade winked before walking off. She walked towards me and her smile instantly dropped into a mug. Sapphire was even mugging me to hell like I really did something to them.

"What's wrong?" I asked as they both shoved past me like I was invisible. I sighed shoving my hands in my pockets going back to my seat at the bar. I don't know why Jade and my sister are acting like this towards me, but I don't like it. I hate when either of them are upset at me.

"I don't know how to tell Jade I like her. Too much shit is happening right now," I held my head in my hands rubbing the top of my curls. I need a damn haircut before my shit start looking like J. Cole.

"Tell her how you feel, Bubbs. That's the only way to let her know. She can't read minds," Sapphire scoffed plopping down on her bed. "Plus, havin' your boys watch her like a damn hawk is not gonna make her come your way any time soon."

"She like that nigga across the hall, don't she? Zion say he gettin' all close and shit with her."

She sighed, "They just friendly. She told me she see him more like a brother. He already go with somebody and Jade is not disrespectful like that. If she see you got somebody, then you got somebody. The only reason she backed up off of you is because you still got ya head stuck up Fallon's ass."

"Fallon," I sighed. "I'm not even messin' with that girl no more."

"Then why the hell you talkin' to her?! What kinda hold this bitch got on you?" Sapphire mushed my head.

"Nothin', man. Shit too complicated. All I know is that I want Jade. Only Jade," I blew out a heavy breath.

"Just ask her then!" Sapphire raised her voice. We heard someone clear their throat and in floated Jade coming between us by grabbing a book and walking right back out not even giving us a glance back. All we got was a nervous sounding 'hello'. "That was your chance Bozo, but since the both of y'all wanna be stubborn then y'all keep with the games. I'm not helpin' neither one of y'all any more."