IX. You Thought

Jade

At the D.C. airport waitin' on eitha Gina or Sapphire to come get me. They said they was gon be hea' by the time my flight landed. I been waitin' for these tramps for 30 minutes, I coulda gotta Lyft for this mess. I pulled up the app to get my ride, just as I was about to confirm it, somebody snatched my phone from my hand.

"Gimme my phone or we gon have prollems, bruh," I moaned turnin' around to face the culprit. "Ugh. Nah really, gimme my shit befo' we fight. On D'Wayne."

"We really like that, Jade? I thought you luhed a nigga," Dorian threw his hands up. Was he serious right now?

I scrunched up my entire face, "The fuck? Really? You thought I, as in Jade Nashai Johnson, loved you? Hell nah. Neva have, neva will."

He grabbed me by the waist whispering in my ear, "I know you miss me just like I miss you, baby. I'm sorry I wasn't there when D'Wayne was born, but I wanna make it right and make us anotha' baby."

I pulled away from him and smacked fire in his ass before I said 'fuck it' to that phone and started walkin' off to the brisk D.C. air outside. "How the fuck Imma get home?" I chanted to myself.

"H-Taaaaahn!" I heard from my left. I knew it wasn't nobody but Carmella's loud ass. I turned and she was cheesin' at me wit her arms out. I walked to her slowly and she wrapped her long arms around me. "I missed my mean ass friend so much!"

I chuckled, "I missed you too, Mella."

"Where yo phone at? I been tryna call you for like an hour!" I heard behind me. I rolled my eyes at the sound of her voice. I missed my roommate, true indeed, but this nagging shit gon have to stop. She swear she's my mama sometimes.

I pointed inside the airport. I mean, I'm not lying about it's whereabouts. "You lost it?" Sapphire asked picking up one of my bags.

"Nah, it got stole," I shrugged. "I can get a new one afta I cash my check."

Carmella mugged me, "Or nah? Who gotcho phone? We finna go get that hoe back."

"Dorian," I mumbled. It was nearly inaudible.

"Who?" They both asked gettin' in my face.

I sighed and rubbed my head, Dorian got my phone. He took it when I was inside."

They looked at me confused, "Why Dorian take yo phone? That's random as fuck," Carmella asked.

Sapphire realized sumn and started tappin' her foot fast. "Y'all used to fuck, huh?"

I didn't say a word. She hit the nail right on the damn head.

She chuckled, "Lil' girl. Be glad I love you like my sister. We gon have ya phone back by the end of the day though, watch." she locked her free arm with mine and we trio headed to the car to go back to our dorms.

*****

Carmella sat on my bed laying across my stomach. This is kinda comfortable. I was braiding the side of her head and she was dozing off slowly until a knock came on the door.

"Yo turn, Fire," I stared across the room.

She sighed hard and opened the door revealing Fallon bitch ass and her punk ass nigga, Dorian. Fire was about to close the door, until it got kicked back open. Zion and Kenyon rushed in; Zion pecked Sapphire on the cheek like I wasn't about to see. "Why is the devil and her bitch here?" Carmella asked referring to the hoes we don't like in the room. Sapphire sighed not giving an answer and sat back on her bed.