XIII. Christmas Day Pt. 2

Elias
Mom Dukes in the MM.

"So we're not havin' dinner at home?" I asked my mama for the umpteenth time on the way across town.

"No, Elias," she sighed. "Your aunt invited us to her house this year and I'm not blowing her off this time."

We were on the way to my aunt Lola's house. This was my dad's sister that me and my sister hardly knew since they kept distance when my father was out. I never knew why and never really asked. Not my business as to why they didn't like my father. I didn't like the nigga either.

We pulled up to this nice set of houses in Georgetown and found a parking spot right behind Sapphire's car. "Why she up here so early anyways? She know them like that?" I asked getting out of the car.

My mom, Belinda, mumbled,"She insisted on coming here early to see your father."

I stopped in the middle of the steps watching her go to the door and ring the doorbell. "He's out? How?"

Before she could answer, the door swung open revealing a nigga I didn't care to interact with. Damien. His sperm is the shit that made me.

"Hey there, baby B," he grinned at my mom

"Hey there, baby B," he grinned at my mom. She blushed and gave him a huge hug like she bumped her head and forgot the nigga dogged her out. I shook my head and made my way around them.

Sapphire was laughing and shit in people's face like she knew them until she saw the look on my face and her smile dropped. What's wrong? She mouthed to me.

Damien. I mouthed back and found myself an empty part of the room and sat on the loveseat. I felt the couch dip a little and I peeked over spotting a little girl I had never seen before. She looked to be about four. "What's your name?" the look in her eye was adorable.

I smirked at her a little, "My name is Eli. That girl over there is my sister, Sapphire," I pointed.

She looked in the direction I pointed and grinned hard, "Well Eli, my name is Korie. My mama is Lyndi and my daddy is Damien." I flexed my jaw in annoyance, but shook it off concealing it with a smile.

"So Damien ya daddy? The one with the tattoos and all?" I asked her to spark conversation. You know little kids. They'll tell you every thing you need to know.

She nodded, "Yeah, he over there talking to that pretty lady that used to come to my house sometimes."

Damien was still talking to my mom like they were just old buddies. He had a whole ass family on my mama now? "You got any brothers and sisters?"

She frowned a little, "No. I mean, I never got to see them. My daddy say I gotta big brother and a big sister, but I ain't ever seen them."