II. His Beginning

Elias is my name.

Growing up I never had many problems other than my punk ass pops getting locked up for some weak shit like murder. He killed his mistress just so the lady wouldn't tell about the affair, and looka here, we still found out in the end. My mama was heartbroken over the shit for a while and it put both me and my sister at a disadvantage since we needed her at the time. This was ten years ago.

I lit up another blunt knowing damn well I wasn't supposed to be smoking in these dorms. The window was open, so hopefully the bitch ass den mother don't come to get me.

Another year at Howard, man. I can't wait to enter the draft after I get my degree. It never hurt to have a fallback plan just in case things don't work out, huh?

There was a loud knock on the door that snapped me out of my thoughts and I swiftly threw the cigar out the window swatting the smoke out behind it.

I adjusted myself and grabbed a stick of gum popping it in my mouth. "This better not be Gina, because we fightin'," I mumbled. I don't even know why her ass don't like me, but the feeling is very mutual.

I opened up the door to my goofy ass roommate, Zion, who apparently left his key again. "Be glad you gotta roommate that don't fuck around wit these hoes. You'd be locked the fuck out," I moved to the side to let him in.

"Thank you then, E," he shrugged plopping down on his bed. I peeked out the door hoping I could catch a glimpse of who I was looking for. She was nowhere to be found, so I retreated back in the room and went to my side.

My phone lit up and I looked at Z trying to inch his way towards it. We both sprinted to get it from the windowsill and he got to it before me answering.

"Hello? Who dis is callin' my beybeh and -" I snatched the phone and shoved him to the side.

"Hello?"

She sighed, "I'm really hoping that was Zion on the phone playing around, Elias," my mama answered.

I chuckled, "Yeah, ma. You know how he can be sometimes." Z eyes got big and he mouthed 'sorry' when he realized it was my mama. "He said sorry."

We talked back and forth for a while. She's been checking on me more than usual and it kinda scares me. I mean, I know ya moms supposed to look out for her only son when he's away at college, but it's been two months I been from home. And I'm a junior. She said she was glad I moved out at first.

I hung up the phone and Zion looked at me like the creep he was. "Summer ending kickback. It's in the senior dorms. Get dressed my nigga."

"Nah, you can have all of that shit. I'll just chill here," I shrugged sitting on my bed.

He stale faced me, "It's because she gon be there, huh? I'm telling you, you let this girl run ya life like y'all still together. You gotta get over that shit." He picked up a bag, I'm assuming for him to go shower.

I scrunched my face up, "My nigga this has not a damn thing to do with Fallon. She doing her thing and I'm doing mine."

"Whatever, my dude. I ain't even mention her name and you already on my case. Imma go to the showers and get ready. You think about ya bullshit you got going on and let me know in about thirty minutes," he walked out of the room again. Still leaving his key.

Let me give y'all a little background on me and Fallon while I get ready for this kickback. I need a little drink or something. A nigga been stressing.

Fallon was my high school sweetheart. My sister, Sapphire, introduced us because they were all friends even though Fallon is older. We were together almost all four years of high school, until I found out she cheated on me with a nigga she ain't even with now. I couldn't stand the nigga. She supposedly found someone else in a frat around here, but she still ends up in my bed from time to time.

"Nigga, you coming or nah?" I heard Zion on the other side of the door. I should just leave his ass out there. I wanted my nigga Ken to be my roommate, not Zion's annoying ass.

I opened the door and he stood there smiling ear to ear, "I knew you wasn't gon let me go by myself." I scoffed and made sure to grab my phone, keys and wallet before leaving our room to sneak across campus.

We get to the party and everything seem chill. There's the smoking section where all the stoners were packed together. There was the drinking section where I knew I was gonna be, but the crowd too big over there right now. I think Imma just post up with Kenyon and Zion.

"Ion even wanna be here, bruh," Ken watched his phone. "How we both let Zion con us into coming to this party?"

I shrugged, "Same thing I said. His high yella ass wanna be down too bad."

"Is we sure he even black? He ova there lookin' like Danielson on them 'Peeta Pipa Picka Paaaan' head ahh videos," Ken snapped.

I laughed dapping my boy up, "Bro, I think his family goin' by that one drop rule. This nigga literally got one drop."

Zion came between us overhearing our conversation, "And that one drop went straight to my di-"

"Eli!" my little sister walked up to me with a smile plastered across her face. The fuck her freshman ass doing at this party?

"What you doin' here, Fire?" I sighed.

She shrugged, "I was invited by my best friend, don't play," she playfully hit my chest.

I played hurt and grabbed her hand. She giggled and I watched her close. "You a pot head," I shook my head.

She held her hands up in surrender, "Only on the weekend, Bubba."

A girl walked over to her and smiled, "This you, Sapphire?"

Both of us held a grimace on our faces, "Nah, J, this my brother Elias I was telling you about. Eli, this is Jade, my roommate."

"Nice to meet you, Eli," she nodded batting her eyes. I wasn't really in the mood to be bothered by Sapphire and her lil friends. They all only want one thing from the kid.

"Yeah, you too," I smirked just to be cordial since I don't know the girl.

"So we just don't get no intro, huh?" Zion scoffed pointing between him and Kenyon. "Pardon the rude ass Malphurs children, they don't know the definition manners. I'm Zion, Eli roommate and this huge nigga here is Kenyon. This might be one of Shaq's kids, he still in question."

Jade laughed covering her mouth, "Nice to meet y'all Zion and Kenyon."

Sapphire was still trying to control her breathing from laughing so hard, "I just wanted to say hi and Zee over here about to kill me!" They both walked back to the clouded part of the room.

The music stopped playing and everyone got quiet as the Omegas marched in the party. They started dancing and getting buck in the middle of the house. I should've joined up, but I had better things in mind at the time. Football. At the end of their "grande" entrance, Fallon came from nowhere kissing up on the dude she's cheating on. I couldn't do a damn thing but find myself a drink. That's what I came here for anyway.