Fatefully His

"Wake up." Michael whispered breathily into Sky's ear. Sky awoke startled and sweating from a bad dream.

"Michael?"

"Ssh!" Michael shushed her pointing to a hole in the ceiling above them.

Skylar quietly tiptoed across the room. Michael climbed into the hole only using his upper body strength. He let out his right hand and gently pulled Sky up into the abyss.

"Where are we?" Sky whispered.

"The air duct, follow me."

Michael and Sky crawled through the air duct. Michael already seemed quite familiar with the surroundings. He took her around the darkness until he pushed open another crate gate. Then began crawling through again. Sky tried to keep her breathing fluent. Her nerves rattled through her veins. She heard her heart pounding as they inched closer to another square crate that Michael punched open.

"We're here." Michael smirked.

He climbed out of the air duct and into the night. He let out his hand and pulled Sky up. A vibrant night sky illuminated from underneath them. Sky laughed but covered her mouth in excitement.

"Amazing, right?"

"It's been so long!" Sky excitedly jumped up and down clinging to Michael's arms. "I can't believe this."

"We leave next week."

"Unbelievable,"

After a few moments of silence, Michael glazed down at Sky who stared widely up at the skyline.

"Have I ever told you about Sarah?" Michael asked.

"No, but some of the guys filled me in."

"I loved her. She was my everything, honestly." Michael and Sky stood at the edge of the roof. "But nothing lasts forever, right? Even the beautiful ones seem to wither away."

"I guess so,"

"I had a son too."

"Oh," Sky faced him.

"Things happen for a reason, eh?"

"I don't believe in fate Michael, I only believe in myself." Sky smiled. "And you, you're gonna get us out of here."

"Do you have no fear?"

"I lost that once I got here."

"I'm scared everyday, I'm scared I'll fail Linc and just everyone really."

"Not everyone can be saved Mike, you can only try."

"What made you want to do it?"

"What?" Sky asked a bit off guard.

"Killing your father. You just don't seem like the typical criminal I guess."

"Those are the ones you watch out for, the ones you don't expect. Sometimes you hit a point and you crack. He was tapping a glass in a meeting and all I could think was 'what I he dropped dead' like right there, if he died life would've been so much simpler." Sky turned to Michael. "I was engaged to a man who loved my money, my mother beat me, my sisters hated me, and my father he was the worst of them all."

"You couldn't just move?"

"Things aren't always that easy, you know that."

Michael stepped closer to Sky and placed a hand on her left shoulder.

"What are you going to do when you leave?" Michael smiled.

"Travel, I don't know." She shook her head and looked down at her feet.

"Yes you do." Michael lifted her head with his index finger.

"I'm a monster Michael, should I even leave?"

"You're not a monster, just broken. I mean you're no T-Bag that's for sure." He laughed.

"But am I not? We're one of the same really. There's nothing different about us."

"Don't compare yourself to him. He's nothing but chaos."

"So am I."

Michael leaned in closer to Sky and gently kissed her upper lip. Sky didn't really back away though. She felt more confusion about everything. Her eyes were still open as he kissed her. She looked up at the stars and knew, all he wanted was Sarah back. Problem was, Sky wasn't Sarah. She could never replace Sarah. She didn't want to either.

Michael released from their moment and fluttered open his eyes. Sky smirked then glanced back down at her feet.

"God help us all." Sky murmured.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++