Seclusion

Skylar's footsteps echoed down the long and lonely hall as two guards guided beside her. She didn't know what to expect. What she had done was something none of the guys thought she'd be willing to do. Though Fish believed in her, she knew the others didn't approve.

The chilling air clung on her arms. The handcuffs were like ice. Her heart began to beat out of her chest as one of the guards opened the gate into the common area. Sky shut her eyes for a millisecond, thinking. As the gate doors swung open, she puffed up her chest, threw back her shoulders, and studiously walked into her gate. The room went silent. But her face was cold.

Skylar took her first few steps across the room with the cuffs off. Men began parting like the Dead Sea. She hadn't felt so out of place until now. She always felt as though she blended in, in a strange way. Not anymore. Now she proved herself. She wasn't a sheep, but a fighter. All the men probably had heard several different stories, but she only knew the truth. Sky knew in reality, Fish beat her. He beat her even when all he wanted to do was stop and hug her. But she wouldn't let him. She remembers the flash backs as she laid hardly breathing on the concrete. Blood rushing out of her nose. Her vision skewed. Skylar saw herself laying on her bed back in Chicago, the warm sun glazing her skin from the bay window. She wanted a pot of coffee and a good book by her side. This wasn't her flat in Chicago and these men were definitely not from the books she read.

"Well, well,well" T-Bag paused suddenly after seeing the bruises and scars that laid upon Sky's Angel like face. "What the fuck..."

"Nice to see you too darling." Skylar falsely smirked and patted his shoulder. "Where's Scofield?"

"Wouldn't I love to know. Did he do this to you?"

"Where is he?"

"I said, did he do this to you?" T-Bag walked to her face and grasped her petite shoulders.

"Doesn't matter right now." Skylar wavered eye contact. T-Bag stared into her eyes for a split second. His eyes slightly watery. At that moment sky saw a new light to him.

"Fucking tell me Anders."

"It was apart of the plan."

"Fuck that!" T-Bag let go of her. "Duck everything!" He stomped up the stairs to Scofield's cage. Sky didn't move. Instead she just stood there. A hand wrapped around her shoulders, it was C-Note.

"Keep your head in the right place little mama. We'll be out soon."

"I know..."

Sky left C-Note and slowly made her way up the staircase. She felt the inmates' eyes on her back the whole way. She turned the corner to her cell. There T-Bag's voice roared through. Scofield was explaining himself in his meek way. They went quiet as she entered. Her eyes were still cold, but not in a mad revengeful way.

"How are you?" Michael wondered.

"You don't fucking deserve the right to know." T-Bag defended.

"Can I speak to you for a second, Theodore." Sky whispered.

He gallantly walked out. Sky met him near the edge of the stairs.

"Its nice you're trying to help, but I can defend myself now." Sky looked down at the floor.

"Viper, he almost killed you!"

"And I wanted it to happen!" She shouted. The building went silent again.

"Whatever," T-Bag tried walking away when Sky grabbed his shirt and swung him back.

"What are you doing after we leave this place?"

"What?"

"I'm planning on getting lost, I don't know where yet. Somewhere in a secluded area like the Caribbean."

"Uh," T-Bag scratched his head.

"And I want you there with me." Skylar leaned in and forcefully planted a kiss upon his lips. "But for right now let me fight my own battles."

Skylar walked back to her cell, leaving T-Bag speechless. She felt his smile though. As she entered the cell Michael sat on her bed.

"What's next?"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++