Chapter 17

Mason's POV
I looked at her for a moment and nod my head.
"Anything for you."
She looks away and sighs.
"What did you really do to your brother?"
I knew she was going to ask but i just could tell her not yet. I don't want hertz be scared of me. I avoid her gaze and answer her question .
"When we were little my brother and I would fight a lot get into arguments over stupid shit you know.? One day we had another stupid fight and it ended badly." I drifted of.
"Details...what was the fight about...and what did you do to him?" She scooted back away from me. I sighed knowing that she was going to ask.
"When we were about 14-15 years old we fought over a girl. One thing lead to another that girl went out with me and not him. Jared, my brother went ballistic. One day the girl and I went out on a date and came home late. When we walked through the doors a gum shot when off...

Flashback
"Mason you idiot" she giggles as she pushes my back. I grab her waist and hugged her close to my chest. I look into her eyes thinking about if she would be my mate.
"I hope you're my mate Lexie." I whispered.
"Me too." She unwraps her arms from around my neck. We walk in silence as we head up the stairs to my front door. She'd be sleeping over for the night because her parents are away. I unlock to door quietly knowing everyone would be asleep.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
BANG!BANG!BANG!
.
Thud...
I turned on the lights not knowing what else to do. I see my brother standing on the other side of the living room with a gun pointing straight at me. I stared at him wide eyed then pulled my gaze away from him to the body laying next to me. I fell to my knees holding at the time the love of my life...

Flash back end

Ava's POV

He stopped mid-sentence and started tearing up. He wiped the tears from his eyes. He didn't look up nor did he continue the story. He just sat there looking at his hands. I moved towards him hugging him from behind. He stiffens at my touch then soon relaxes.
"If you don't want to finish
the story it's fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I promised~Jazz