Chapter 10

A/N: HEY ITS BUTTERSCOTCH AGAIN I SHIP KENDIRK SO HARD SO THUS THIS CHAPTER
Two weeks later
Kri's POV.
It was first period and I walked into my classroom, I was usually early to class, and there were few kids in class at this time. I frowned and looked away at one of the kids, Dirk.
I could remember the first day he and Dirk met, it was at a store the solely sold Korean soap operas. Korean soap operas are legit ok?!? Don't judge me! I soon found out he went to the same school and we were in the same pack as me, and of course, like all of the friendships I made, he started the first conversation:
'Hey, what episode you on?' He asked.
I, of course, knew exactly what he was talking about, but I needed to confirm.
'What?'
From then on, we'd watch Korean Soap operas in the break room after school, when school ended, we'd go over to each other's houses. At first, I told myself I wouldn't let him get to close to me. Ava and her friends were the only people I ever talked to, and only Ava knew my secret.
My secret, rather a curse, would have everyone who knew me want me dead. They think I'm a freak, and I'm a monster. My sense of hearing is incredibly sharp, and I mean sharp. The first time I discovered my power was the first grade. I heard someone spill their Gatorade, and I swear, I didn't even look at the Gatorade, and I thought GLACIER. The thought screamed through my head, at the time, I was idiotically social and I befriended Ava I told her this and we researched it later.
Bad idea.
People like me were beings searched for, and killed.
I promised not to let anyone get to close to me so they can figure out my secret. Ava being an exception because she's my best friend and I trust her completely.
I never wanted to be Dirk's friend, I never wanted to be his " best bro". I never wanted to even know him. But now that I do, and I am his friend, I can't stop thinking about him. We started to hang out a lot. And I mean A LOT. All our classes were together, and we'd be together.
Everything was fine until he started getting suspicious of my powers. I'm usually never off guard, but when I'm with him, I feel...
So....
Safe??
I don't know this feeling, it weird and everytime I ignore him, something hurts in my chest. Did I, Kri Darkener, like this excuse for a man?
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my pansexuality. I don't care about your gender, yah that, fuck that.
I can't let him know.
Not that I think he'd reject me if I told him my powers. Reject? Wait did I? NO THATS ASIDE FROM THE POINT.
Dirk was so STUPID. His stupid blonde hair and stupid freckles that are pretty damn cute and his stupid arms that aren't even that muscular and his stupid baggy jeans and his stupid P!ATD shirts and his STUPID STUPID STUPID BEAUTIFUL GREEN EYES YOU COULD GET LOST IN FOR HOURS.
But that the articles he read said that al the friends of anyone who had this power had to be executed too. Ava, now couldn't be executed by law as she is the Alpha's daughter. But Dirk? How could I bear to stand to see the stupidly adorable face be executed because of me?
I had to stay away from him.
But
But
NO I CANT
I turn to glance at him.
We'd do this a lot. Glance at each other in the middle of class. I'd mouth " fuck you" every time he pulled a funny face. I sometimes think he liked me. Sometimes he'd whisper " nice ass" in gym and I'd punch him. He'd blush whenever our hands would accidentally meet.
But he didn't look back.
I felt my heart break in two.
Maybe he didn't feel the same way.