chapter one

Zayn fell to his knees, exhausted. The coach had yelled at him to run five laps around the field. His head was elsewhere, more like the captain of the team. And his feelings for the captain, that expanded after sleeping with him.

"Malik! I said five laps! Not four laps and a break! Get up and run another three laps!" Coach Tomlinson yelled. Zayn sucked in a breath, and slowly started pacing himself.

"Coach!" Liam yelled from the other side of the field. "Can you take it easy on Zayn?"

"You can join him, if you'd like," The coach yelled, and Liam sighed. He kicked the ball to another teammate, and jogged across the field. He glared at the coach, "don't be an ass," Liam whispered, before jogging to meet Zayn on the track.

"Leave me alone, Liam," Zayn breathed out, and just kept running. Liam kept with the pace. "Are you deaf?"

Liam laughed, "Zayn, c'mon." Liam stopped running and grabbed Zayn by his forearm.

"No! Liam, are you stupid?" Zayn asked, and stopped Liam from answering. "Of course you are, because if you weren't you would see that I have feelings for you! That maybe I want to be with you! That that one night meant something to me!" Zayn stopped himself from talking anymore. "But it didn't to you."

Liam watched as Zayn kept running his laps. Zayn confessing his feelings was something Liam didn't want. All Zayn was to Liam was something to make his boyfriend jealous, and it went a little too far, after a few drinks.

"Are you done with your laps, Payne?" The coach yelled, and Liam sighed and kept running. Before Liam finished his laps, the coach ended practice. Liam watched as every one of his teammates leave the field, and he kept on running. Once he finished his laps, he jogged towards Louis.

"What was that?" Liam asked the coach. "Why are you being so harsh to Zayn?"

"We'll talk in the car," Louis assured Liam. Liam sighed, before going to the locker rooms. When Liam walked in, it was almost deserted as it was Friday, and there was another party tonight. The only person in the locker room: Zayn. Zayn pulled his shirt over his head, and put on a clean, non sweaty, shirt on.

Liam shut his locker, and Zayn turned. "I don't want to talk, Liam." Zayn said, putting his practice clothes in his duffle bag along with his cleats.

"Zayn, please. We need to talk."

"About what?" Zayn asked, before his phone beeped, Zayn stared at the screen, and sighed. "I– I have to go." Liam watched as Zayn walked out of the locker room, and watch the door close.

~

Liam sat in Louis's car. They were parked in front of Liam's house. His parent's car wasn't there. Friday's were their date night, and his sisters lived somewhere else.

"I don't like how you're treating Zayn, Lou," Liam started, staring at the front door of his house. "He wasn't paying attention today, neither was half the team. They're all worried about the homecoming dance in a couple weeks. But why pick on him?"

"Are you really going to ask that question, Liam?" Louis questioned, looking at his younger boyfriend.

"What, Louis?"

"You fucking slept with him!" Louis yelled, that made Liam flinch. "How am I supposed to feel about that? I should cheer him on for fucking my boyfriend? No, I should let him take your spot on the starting players?"

"Louis, babe. I'm so sorry about that. I was so drunk out of my mind, I didn't realize I slept with him until I woke up in a bed with him." Liam huffed. "I don't want to fight, Lou. I just wanna lay down on my bed with my boyfriend, while we watch friends. Just like we did on our first date."

"You should have thought of that when you screwed him. I'll see you at practice on Monday." Louis leaned over Liam, and opened the car door.

"Come on, Lou- Babe. Please-"

"Tell me why I found out about your little hookup a month after it happened? We never hide anything from each other, Liam. Well, until now."

Liam groaned as he stepped out of Louis's truck. "For a twenty three year old, you get jealous of a sixteen year old real fast," Liam said before he shut the car door. Louis glared at his boyfriend, before driving off. "For fuck's sake."

>><<>><<

:))))))

First time writing a story like this. Leeeet's goooo!

( update/author's note; I wrote this story straight out of high school and in my days of shipping the boys together, oh my. This was seven years ago, this story may be cringe, but also is one of my favorite stories I've written and so proud of. But again, I was eighteen when I wrote this, and I am now twenty-five. And this is my only 1d book I have on my profile. )