I could go looking tomorrow, before work. It wouldn't hurt, just to see what was available. I mean, no, I couldn't buy a place just yet, because Imma need some money, but I could work overtime to help me afford a place to myself.

The more I thought about this, the more keen I became of this idea.

I reached Drake's apartment complex and climbed three flights of stairs -- again -- and knocked on his door. When I didn't get an answer, I fumbled for the key under the mat and let myself in, my uniform in my hand. Drake and Niyah were probably still asleep. I placed the key back where it was, and closed the front door behind me quietly. I didn't wanna wake anybody up.

I checked the time. 8:19. I had seven hours until I had to get to work. I'd probably start getting ready around 2:20. It wouldn't take me long.

I reported back to my room and packed all of my belongings up. I might as well start heading home. I had to face SB sooner or later, and I kinda wanted to get it over with. I took the last note I wrote to Drake down and wrote a new one.

Drake,

I went home. I'll come by again at 3. That's when our shift starts. Until then, cio.

- Nicki

I taped it to the fridge and left.

I stood at our front doorstep, nervous. I don't know why I'm acting like this; I shouldn't be scared of SB. I never have been. Why was I starting now? I've done way worse, so he shouldn't be that mad.

I finally worked up the nerve to ring the doorbell, and I put on my brave face. Be strong, Nicki, I thought to myself, It'll be over soon.

Sure enough, SB answered, and he gave me his infamous scowl.

"I thought you was sittin' on Drake's dick," he said.

I scoffed and pushed past him, making my way toward our room to unpack. He followed behind me.

"Where the fuck have you been?" he growled.

I shrugged. "Why does it matter? I just wanted to get away from you," I said as I put everything in my bag back where it was supposed to go.

"G-get away from me? Why would you wanna do that?"

I looked over at him, and he looked as if he'd just been punched in the gut. His face expression displayed pain, sorrow, and regret. I had wounded him in the best place; the heart.

"You're too overprotective, SB. You get jealous too easily. You won't let me do anything without you and if I'm with Drake, you suspect that I'm cheating on you. A better question would be why wouldn't I wanna get away from you?"

He looked down at the ground and sighed. He obviously felt bad

I crossed my arms over my chest. Hell nah, I wasn't about to feel bad for him. All of that I said was true and he better believe it. That shit don't fly with me, nah son.

I had to hold my ground. He needed to know that I was serious about this.

Suddenly, he looked back up and pulled me into an embrace. I didn't straddle him back. Not just yet.

He pulled away and cupped my face in his hand. He pressed his forehead against mine.

"Nicki," he whispered.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry. You were right. I shou -- "

I stopped him mid-sentence with a kiss, and he didn't hesitate to kiss back. His hands traveled up and down my back and I wrapped my arms around his neck. It was a moment of ultimate bliss and paradise, and I didn't want it to end. But, it had to. Nothing good ever lasts, I shoulda learned a long time ago.

I hesitantly pulled away, leaving him hella confused. I sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed, head in my hands.

He raised an eyebrow and sat down next to me.

"Why'd you... What's wrong?"

I shook my head and stood up, running my hand through my hair.

"SB, I can't do this anymore!" I yell, fresh tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Nicki, what do you me -- "

"Our relationship! It's so confusing! One minute we're up and the next we're down! One minute we're screaming in each other's faces and then the next we havin' make-up sex! I'm done SB. It's no use! Why do we keep doing this? I just, I'm just, I can't anymore, ok?" I look down at the floor, not wanting to see his reaction. "I'm sorry," I whispered.

I still refused to meet his eyes. I wiped my stained cheeks with my hands and started packing every single one of belongings in a bigger suitcase.

I meant every single word I said, and if he couldn't comprehend that, that's not my problem anymore. He's not my responsibility anymore. I'm done looking after him, like he was my damn child. He should be grown by now. He's old enough to take care of himself. I'm not gonna do that for him no more. I was tired of being unhappy. I was tired of everything that had to do with him.

I heard him get up off the bed and walk out of the room, and he closed the door behind him. I sighed, wanting to regret everything I'd just said, but I refused to. I had done the right thing. I had stood up to SB, something I've dreamed about for years.

I was surprised he took it so well, though.

Maybe he wanted to get away from me as much as I wanted to get away from him.

Maybe I had just done him a favor.