Draco Malfoy x shy!hufflepuff!reader

Start from the beginning

"He, sir?" she asked. She wouldn't have minded if the tutor was a girl, because she got along with girls better. But if the tutor was a boy...

"Yes. I've decided to have mister Draco Malfoy assist you. His grades in potions are very good and I believe that you could benefit from his assistance. Do you have a problem with that, Ms L/N?" he asked, raising his eyebrow. Y/N felt her face turn even redder, if possible. To have Draco tutor you.

"No, sir..." she whispered. 

"Good. You're free to go. I will report of this to Mr. Malfoy." he said and turned his head down at the papers at his desk. Y/N nodded and walked out. She walked the corridor, staring at her feet. 

This was too much. Just a fate's cruel joke. Life giving her a hard time. Seriously, what's the possibility of all the other pupils that could tutor her, Snape had to choose Draco. Honestly, Snape just had it in for her. 

 - time skip cause i'm lazy :) -

Later that day Y/N was sitting outside on the grass. She was reading a book under a tree. It was so calm. The sun was shining down on her. But unfortunately her calm state was interrupted. 

"L/N!" she heard someone yell. She turned her head to the direction of the person calling her. Who else was it but Draco Malfoy. Y/N's face turned red at the sight of him. He was alone, which was pretty strange. "Way to go, you got me to tutor you." he snarled, looking down on her.

Y/N returned her gaze to her book. "I guess I did..." she muttered. No words were exchanged after that for a while.

"I guess I need to tutor you, then." he cleared his throat. "I'll see you tomorrow in the library after classes." 

Y/N lifted her head, slightly amazed. He didn't try to talk his way out of this or anything. He still stood there, gazing at the lake. "Okay..." Y/N whispered. Draco took a last glance at her and walked away. Y/N's heart was racing. That could've gone worse. 

Y/N stood up, took her book and walked inside.

She walked inside the Hufflepuff common room and went straight to the girls' dorm. She set her book aside and went straight to bed. She was so tired.

Slowly she drifted off to sleep.

- the next morning -

Y/N slowly opened her E/C eyes. She sat up on her bed and swung her legs over the side. The first thing in her mind was Draco. Today was the first day of her tutoring. 

Y/N was so nervous. Something had to go wrong. Had to. Something always does. With her being shy and Draco being so 'aggressive'.

She got up and went to the bathroom. She brushed her teeth and combed her hair. She put on her robes and grabbed her wand. She'd always like her wand. It was the most prettiest wands to her. 

She headed towards the Great Hall for breakfast. This day was going to be hellish. 

- after classes -

Y/N was sitting in the library waiting for Draco Malfoy. It was after classes, and Y/N was freaking out. She had her potions notes in front of her and was reading through them, just to calm her nerves a little. 

Draco had not shown up, and it had been at least ten minutes. Maybe he wasn't going to show up. Why would he? Y/N sighed deeply and began gathering her stuff in her bag. As she stood up, she saw the familiar blond hair in her sight. She looked up and saw Draco standing in front of her with his other eyebrow up. Y/N's face instantly lit up. 

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked swiftly and sat down next to her. Y/N was still standing. "Well, aren't you sitting down? Or did you decide not to get tutored?" 

Instantly Y/N sat down in her seat. Draco was pretty weirded out by her sudden movement. Y/N hadn't raised her gaze, she just kept looking down at her hands. 

"Do you... have any notes or...?" Draco asked her, trying to make eye contact. Y/n was snapped out of her bubble.

"Ummm, yes, I do." she almost whispered, grabbing her stuff out of her bag. She heard Draco chuckle, which caught her off guard. She glanced at Draco who was staring at her. Y/N cocked her head to the side. 

"I knew that you were shy and all, but I didn't know you were almost mute." he chuckled. Y/N's face was so red at this point that she probably looked like a tomato. "And you blush so much, it's awfully cute, you know." he continued to say. Y/N felt like passing out. Draco Mafloy just called her cute. 

"I-umm" Y/N stuttered, staring at her hands. Draco once again chuckled.

"I'm just teasing you, calm down. Shall we get to studying?" he asked. Y/N settled for nodding, not really trusting her voice at this point anymore. She took her notes and found the spot that they were studying at the moment. 

The time was going so slow. Too slow for Y/N. For every second, she liked Draco more and more. He was being actually pretty sweet and nice. She did notice when he started to lose his cool, when Y/N didn't get something, but he tried no to seem too scary. 

At the end of the 'lesson' Y/N was packing her stuff. 

"L/N, I'll see tomorrow?" he asked. Y/N nodded. Draco nodded too, with a smirk plastered on his face. As Draco walked away, Y/N let out a breath that she didn't know she was holding in. What a day.

- a week later -

Y/N always thought that Draco was a big meanie. He was always bugging the Golden Trio, and anyone that was against him. But spending all this time with him almost every day made her change her idea of him. He was nice to her. Y/N still wasn't sure if it was out of pity, but that didn't really matter. 

Y/N was coming out of her shell too. Not much, but enough for her. She started talking more during the day. Her shyness hadn't gone anywhere. It was still visibly there. But she worked hard each day to be more open. 

"Hey, Y/N." she heard Draco say. Y/N lifted her head and cracked a small smile. Draco wouldn't admit it, but she loved her smile. Sort of subtle and perfect and real. 

"Hey." Y/N said, making room for Draco to sit. They were in the library once again. Draco swifted of his place.

"Yeah, actually, Snape told me today that I don't have to tutor you anymore..." he said, grief visible in his voice. "He said that you had improved in class enough, that my 'help' won't be needed anymore." Y/N lowered her head.

"Oh..." she whispered and stood up. "Okay... well..." she said. "I-I had fun studying with you... thank you for helping me." 

Draco was caught off guard, she had not said a sentence that long the whole week they had met up. Y/N walked past Draco, her head hanging low.

"Wait!" Y/N heard Draco shout. She turned around, just to have Draco mash his lips onto hers.

Y/N's breath caught in her throat. Draco's lips felt surprisingly soft against hers. Y/N didn't respond to the kiss, so Draco pulled back. 

"I..." he said, breathing harder than normally. "I'm sorry..." he said, but it sounded more like a question. 

"It's... it's okay." Y/N said. Draco smiled. Y/N looked up at Draco. "It's okay." she repeated, more to herself. Draco stepped closer to her. Y/N didn't back down. Draco slowly put his had on Y/N's cheek.

"You're so cute when you're blushing." he whispered before kissing her again, only this time she kissed him back. She felt Draco smirking against her lips. 

Y/N pulled back, because her lungs really needed air. Draco returned her gaze, getting lost in her E/C eyes. 

"I'd still like to spend time with you." he said. Y/N giggled.

"I figured that much." she said, rolling her eyes. Draco smirked and took her hand. 

Y/N squeezed his hand and smiled.

"I'd like to spend time with you, too."

-----------

Heya, again! Hope you liked this one! And as always, I am SO bad at endings. I'm slowly catching up with my requests! I will be updating another request soon enough.

Toodles!