36: Her Return

Her Return

Sindria is located down south where the weather is always fair and the sun gives so much delight to the small yet proud island country. The clear blue seas surrounding the land is blessed with unique and abundant marine life that made Sindria well-known and stable. Having plenty of resources at hand, the people are always busy tending to it and selling them. These made Sindria flourish every single day.

Today, the harbor where fishing boats gather and huge ships carrying tourist drop anchor is busy as usual. The fishermen are tending to their nets when a shadow looms over them. Looking up, it was none other than their king in his glorious djiin equip and the lady who always accompany him wherever he goes; their long lost and beloved Lady Yukiko who came back as a representative of Kou.

"King Sinbad! A pleasant morning to you, Your Majesty!" Greeted the fishermen who all bowed in respect along with all the people who saw him and recognized his presence. They only looked up when they were dismissed by the king.

"Good work as always." He beams as he waves to his subjects. The head of the port came running towards their direction when he heard that the King himself arrived at the port.

"Your Majesty, you came earlier than what the letter has said." The head of the port, Salce, said.

"Ah, it's because I brought with me someone who'll be pretty busy around the island for two months. I did so because it'll lessen the burden of her work." Sinbad explained as he looks over his shoulder to see Yukiko dissolve her djiin equip, returning to her elegant and heavy royal robes.

"Lady Yukiko, we're so glad that you're finally back. I was always praying for your safe return. We were so worried of your sudden disappearance along with Lord Aoren.." An elderly woman trailed off as her hands were then held by Yukiko as she speaks.

"Obaa-san, I'm terribly sorry for worrying your poor heart about me. I am thankful for your prayers. Worry no more; my brother and I are doing just fine. I hope we can work together in my stay here in surveying this island country of Sindria." She smiles kindly to her. The people surrounding her were all smiling and began talking about how glad they were that she had finally returned.

"It seems that she is doing just fine, my King." Salce commented. "Isn't she a representative of Kou? Can we trust her?"

Sinbad remained silent for awhile as he watch his people flock around this woman who he loves dearly. "Yes. We can trust her. I know we can." He muttered before calling out to her. "Yukiko--I mean Queen Yukiko, it is time for your duties for now."

"Ara, is that so? Then please excuse me." She then left the group of well-wishers before walking towards Sinbad. "I am the official representative of Kou, port master. Please tell me about this place."

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

"King Sinbad, please let go of my hand." Yukiko requested as she found herself being dragged around by the king around a certain district of his Kingdom. "Also, this is rather unacceptable. Please minimize our physical contact and think of what others might interpret of your actions."

"But if I don't do this, you'll surely run away. I can't let that happen since you know this land like the back of your hand." He replied with small smile, almost reminiscent.

"I don't really have any objections when it comes to fulfilling my duties but please refrain from being all buddy-buddy with me after all what you've down to wrong us." She pulled back her hand forcefully when Sinbad loosened his grip after being caught off-guard of what she just said.