7: Dawning

Dawning

"Any particular reason on why you decided to drag me to a sailing boat at four thirty in the morning, King Sinbad?" Yukiko asked him, with an eyebrow raised in curiousity.

"You know that Ja'far is going to have your head if you don't finish reading those scrolls that he asked you to read yesterday." She opened her fan to cover the lower half of her face. "And what is this place? Your secret hideout? Are you a child, Sin?" She chuckled.

"Oi, that insult is uncalled for also I just can't stay in my office all day you know. I may be the king but I am also a man. A man needs his freedom from time to time." He replied wittily as he helped her get on the boat.

"Plus, I want to exercise my ability to sail a boat. I don't want it to get rusty." He untied the rope holding the boat to the bay before opening the sails. "This is my secret hideout, you're right. This is where I hide from Jafar when I want to go sailing." He grinned. Moments later, they were already in the open seas.

"Ah, yes. Indeed you are the King of the Seven Seas so you mostly belong to the sea, seeking adventure just like in your books." She smiled at the sight of the sea.

"Seven colored lights appeared in your village when you were born followed by a loud 'BOOM' after that, the ladies known as "The Beauties of the Seven Seas" realizing that the king of adventure has been born looked up to the sky and began to cry loudly. Wow, such a majestic birth story." She quoted a part of his book.

"A-ah Yukiko! You shouldn't say that!" He walked towards her before covering her mouth with his hand as his cheeks flared up in embarrassment.

"That's artistic license! Stop teasing me about it every now and then." He said somewhat in a pleading voice.

Yukiko looked up to his face and was drawn by his bright amber eyes. Their faces were so close that she suddenly felt embarrassed for being so near him making her push the king away.

"D-Don't come too close!" She half yelled as she covered her red face with her sleeves.

Sinbad noticed her action and can easily tell that she is being concious around him. He confirmed that she has affections for him as of late and was really hyped about teasing her sometime.

He looked at her and can't help but smile at her current bashful state. She was like a rabbit hiding in her burrow, protecting herself from a predator like a fox which is him. The purpled haired man then stood up and dusted himself before taking a seat across her.

"I apologize for my action. I know you value personal space since it has been a thing taught to you in your country." He guided her to put her arms down to see her face. The female had already calmed down a bit since there is no visible red on her cheeks once again. "It was a very beautiful country." He smiled gently at her.

Yukiko can't help but smile too. "I think that your smile is contagious, Sin." She laughed softly as she placed her hand on his cheek. "Thank you for treating me so gently. It is thanks to you that I am healing." She caressed his cheek with her thumb then continued to speak. She just felt that it was something proper to do. "Your country is beautiful too. I'm glad that you achieved your dream. I pray that this peace you've achieved will remain forevermore."

Sinbad leaned against her touch as he closes his eyes to savor it. "Your hands are still cold as ice but I can feel the warmth of your sincerity. It is always with you that I find peace." He gave out a small sigh. "I wonder why."

Yukiko looked at him and saw a man who has been through a lot just like her. A man who is also a wonder. An amazing and generous person. It was dawning on her on how deep her feelings were for the king. She wants to protect him but..

"I am the princess of Xue Kingdom. My mission is to take back my country and make the world a peaceful place. That is why I gained this power." She reminded herself.

Sinbad on the other hand has been noticing her more lately. He was always looking for her for some reason. What he said was true. He finds peace just by being with her but, he is still sticking to his words of not marrying and being tied down to a woman so he labeled his feelings for her as merely an interest since Yukiko is a dungeon conquer who now controls six djiins.

Sinbad had asked her to conquer a dungeon for him a year ago as payment for their residence there. She is a useful tool to his kingdom. He is going to use her feelings to control her in order to protect his country. No matter how underhanded it may sound.

"Ara, ara~ You are flattering me, Sin. Is this a confession?" She teased him as she stood up and take back her hand. She walked towards the bow of the boat, gazing to the horizon of the rising sun. "It's dawn. A brand new day."

Her pale complexion seemed to reflect the gentle ray of the sun, elaborating her features. Her clear green eyes, her small mouth, her pink lips, her long flowy white hair swaying slightly with the sea breeze.. She suddenly became beautiful in the purple haired man's eyes.

"Yukiko, I--" he was suddenly cut off when a shadow appeared in the distant horizon.

"Sin, it seems that your visitor from Kou has arrived. Prince Hakuryuu, right?" She asked him as she fixed the sails. "Let's head back to Sindria." She smiled at him.

- - - - -

They arrived safely at the port and was now walking back to the palace on the stone paved road where the people are greeting them as they pass by. They decided to stop by a small flower shop which is being run by an elderly man.

"Good morning, your Majesty, Lady Yukiko." Greeted the elderly man who is selling flowers. It is the same man who Yukiko always buy flowers from for her room since he's the only one selling the so called Snow Drop, a flower that grows in her country.

"Good morning, keep up the good work." Sinbad replied as Yukiko pays for her usual order. "You really love those flowers, don't you?"

"Of course. They're like, living memories of my birth place. Something that helps me remember my goal."

Once they arrived at the Purple Leo Tower, the King's and some of his most trusted official's quarters, Yukiko bid him goodbye only to be stopped by him, pulling her arm.

"Is there still anything you need?"

"Yukiko, tomorrow. Let's go sailing again tomorrow." He suddenly asked which surprised Yukiko and even himself. "But it's fine if you don't'--"

"Of course I'd love to go with you again. Only if you finish your work. I can help you if you want to." She gave him a Snow Drop. "It's a promise, okay?" She gave him a small smile before walking away to proceed to her room. A blush appeared once again on her cheeks.

Sinbad just remained there standing, looking at her back before coming back to his senses when she disappeared to a corner. He looked at the flower before smiling. "It's a promise."

● • ● - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ● • ●

A/N:

The story may progress slow right now but I assure you, it'll escalate faster in the next few chapters and it'll make you say WTF out loud. Hang in there, okay!