11 | the road not taken

"HAPPY b-birthday!" Jimin screamed as soon as Jungkook opened the door. He had just returned from his morning classes.

Jungkook frowned in confusion, "Uh, it's not my birthday-"

"I k-k-know! It's Tae's bir-birthday soon and I want t-to throw him a surprise p-party." Jimin smiled sheepishly, rubbing his neck with a giggle, "W-were you sur-surprised?"

"Definitely." Jungkook assured, smiling at how cute Jimin was. He placed his book bag beside his desk, throwing his dorm key onto the bag.

"Great!" Jimin answered, "S-so, how did cl-class go?"

"Boring as usual. I could barely keep my eyes open, it was honestly so uninteresting." Jungkook cringed at the memory of sitting in a psychology class for two hours. He sat down on his bed, back against the wall, facing Jimin.

"Why don't y-y-you just change m-majors?" Jimin asked, face contorting into a frown.

"Parents don't want me to."

"I-It's not their dec-decision." Jimin answered, tone sharp, "If you ha-hate psychology th-then change your ma-major. Everyone kn-know you hate the class any-anyway."

"My parents-"

"Wh-who gives a fuck what your p-parents th-think. It's your life. D-Don't spend it be-being unhappy with y-your career choice. Wh-What are you interested in?"

Jungkook sighed, pulling at his hair, something he's been doing lately when he's stressed, "I don't know- I like the stars."

"The st-stars?"

"Yeah," Jungkook licked his lips before continuing, "I like the stars and the moon. I like planets and comets and you know- space stuff."

"Then study ast-astronomy." Jimin suggested, "Be-Become an astronomer or something."

"I don't know." Jungkook groaned softly, flopping onto his mattress from his sitting position, body in an uncomfortable position but he didn't have the energy to care. "It's probably just easier to continue with my major now and become a psychologist or whatever the fuck I'm studying to become and make my parents happy."

"See! Y-you don't e-even know what you-you're studying to be!" Jimin stood up, grabbing his phone from his desk, "J-just think about it. D-Don't let you parents control yo-your life. You're nineteen n-now, you can m-make your own dec-decisions."

Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed together, "Where are you going?"

"I-I'm meeting Taehyung f-for ice cr-cream." Jimin smiled softly, shrugging his jacket over his shoulders, "You w-wanna co-come?"

"Nah," Jungkook said, sitting up again, "I've got to study schizophrenia or something I don't really know- I've got homework so-"

"Okay well i-if you decide th-that ho-homework is b-boring, Tae and I-I will be a-at D-Dairy Queen until tw-twelve."

"I'll keep that in mind, thanks." Jungkook said, waving as Jimin left the room.

As soon as the door clicked closed, Jungkook fell back, head hitting his pillow. He brought his arm up and rested it over his eyes to block out the sun that was currently blinding him. He fell asleep, being too mentally and physically tired to deal with the homework sitting untouched in his book bag.