9

We got into the lift and shot down to the lower floor of the re-make centre. This floor was basically a big holding bay for the tributes before the parade. I walked with Laurette until we got to our horses. I tried to avoid looking at the other tributes who were glaring at me. I felt hands on my back and jumped. I turned around to see Ash's grinning behind me. He was also wrapped around in a net, except he was basically naked underneath. I couldn't help staring at his muscles.

"Wow Fliss, you look amazing." I felt myself start to blush and flicked my eyes down.

"You're not too bad yourself." I said whilst he pretended to look hurt. The anthem blared out over the speakers and we climbed into the chariot. Our chariot lurched forward and I grabbed Ash's arm to stop myself falling over.

"You can continue to hold on if you need to." He whispered. As the chariot moved forward again I grabbed his hand and held it tightly. I'm glad I did as when I saw the crowds I have to admit I was terrified. I took a deep breath and put a smile on my face, nobody likes a moody tribute. I took me a second to realise that there was another feeling there too. It felt like butterflies in my stomach, I'm not sure if it was from the crowds or from someone else.

I see we have the crowd's attention and I have to admit we do look good. People start to cheer our names, which they have found in the program. I wave with my free hand to the crowd, starting to relax. I would not let go of Ash's hand, I was still pretty terrified. We pulled into the city circle and came to a stop in front of the president's mansion. I can't help glancing at the other tributes, trying to work out who would be my main competitors. President Snow officially opens the games and we pull off back into the re-make centre.

Finally I feel as if I can relax again as Ash helps me down off the chariot. He still has hold of my hand but I don't really want to let go. "Thank you for holding onto me out there." I say.

"In all fairness, the crowd was pretty overwhelming." He says smiling at me.

"You were great out there!" Finnick says, he glances at our entwined hands and we quickly let go.

"The crowd loved you." Said Mags happily. Both of the stylists looked very happy with their work.

We were taken to the training centre where we will spend our last few days. We have a floor to ourselves, the fourth floor. My room is massive. I take my dress off and climb into the massive bed and fall to sleep.

I'm woken up in the morning by Finnick banging on the door. I hear someone shew him away and Mags enters the room. "Up you get Fliss, you've got training today." She says softly. Training. How could I forget? My stomach immediately turns itself into knots. Mags crosses the room and opens the curtains. The light hurts my eyes. I sit up in bed and see my training outfit has been placed on the end. It consists of black leggings and top with a green stripe running along it; probably to show that I'm from District 4. Mags sees my distress and gives my hand a squeeze as she leads me down to breakfast. Even though I'm feeling nervous the smell of food draws me in. I fill my plate and sit on the table and drink a cup of coffee with a dash of cream in.