єιgнтєєи

αρяιℓ

I woke up with a smile on my face. The boys were going to perform together today. It was the best feeling in the world, knowing the band I'd loved ever since the X Factor was performing again, after they broke up. It was an even better feeling knowing they were performing again because of me.

I padded to the kitchen, preparing myself a lovely bowl of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios. I absolutely love that stuff.

The sound of the door opening caught my attention and I looked up, spoon in my mouth, cheeks full of Cheerios. I probably looked really funny.

The door closed and then guess who walked into view, taking in my too-big-for-me pajamas and my horrible bedhead?

Celeste.

Yeah, I was expecting Harry too, except I knew he didn't have a key to the place.

I swallowed my Cheerios, putting my spoon back in my bowl, it making a clink noise. Celeste took her jacket and shoes off wordlessly, and a tiny flower of hope blossomed in my chest when I saw her grab her suitcase and set it down on her bed.

"Celeste," I started. "I'm so sorry-"

She held up a hand and cut me off. "Don't apologize, April. I'm the one who should be saying sorry. I knew you and Harry had a thing, but I just really wanted attention-you know how I am, an attention hog and a show off-so I kinda targeted him when he wasn't even aware of anything."

"It's alright," I said softly, smiling and standing up.

Celeste sighed. "You're too forgiving, we need to fix that. It's not okay. I grew up with everything I ever wanted, ten seconds before I wanted it. My parents were rich and could get me anything. Your parents, though, both needed to work to support you, and you didn't get everything you wanted. I got a little... too caught up in my jealousy, I guess."

I giggled at her. "You're jealous of me? Why? Like you said, you got everything you wanted."

Celeste twiddled her thumbs. "Because my parents were so caught up in their work and money, they often forgot me. Your parents, though, loved you a lot."

"Your parents loved you too," I said. "They still do."

"I know, but they never showed it," she argued. "Your parents actually made an effort, having family dinners every night whereas I ate alone in my room, because my parents were working."

"What about all your friends?" I asked. She had lots of those. I had almost none.

Celeste shrugged. "They're all fake. They like me for my money, and that's it. You, though, you didn't even know I was rich when you first met me and wanted to be my friend."

I nodded. I remembered it very clearly. It was the first day of high school. Well, not really. I was in grade twelve, my last year, but I had just moved from a small town called Dutton to London. It was a major change, and I was a little nervous.

When I was walking to my locker, I had accidentally bumped into Celeste, although I hadn't known her at the time. Instead of being rude about it, she muttered a "sorry" and asked if I was okay. I was. She determined that I was new, and offered to show me around. I took her up on her offer, and asked if she wanted to be friends. I think you can tell what her answer was.

"I'm really sorry, April," Celeste murmured, staring at her feet.

I hugged her, saying, "It's okay." She was taller than I was, but it was fine. She hugged me back.

"So, we're all good?" Celeste asked after our hug.

I grinned. "Definitely." My phone buzzed and I took it out, seeing a text from Harry asking when I was going to get there. "Celeste, I've got a surprise for you."