ѕιχтєєи

αρяιℓ

"April. April, it's time to get up."

Groaning, I fluttered my eyes open to see Harry peering down at me.

"What time is it?" I murmured, glancing out the glass door leading out to my balcony. Wait, we're in my apartment? Last I checked, I was falling asleep in my car to Counting Stars on the radio. I love that song, but it's played waaaay too often.

"Eleven o'two in the afternoon," Harry replied.

I sat up, stretching. "How'd I get up here? I fell asleep in my car, and it was six o'something." I suddenly realized and turned to him. "Did you-?"

He nodded sheepishly. "Yeah."

I laughed. "Well, that's very gentlemanly of you, but you didn't have to carry me up here. You could've woken me up."

"But that's not very polite," he reasoned, and I rolled my eyes.

"Was I, uh, heavy?" I questioned timidly.

Harry frowned. "No, not at all. Why? April, are you insecure?"

I shook my head. "No! Well, not really. I've been told I'm too heavy before."

Harry sat down next to me and wrapped his arms around me. I relaxed into him. "April, you're not heavy at all. You're as light as a feather." I smiled as he kissed my forehead and then stood up. "What would you like for breakfast?"

"You don't have to make me breakfast," I protested, but I was secretly hoping he would. I was too lazy to get up.

"I don't have to, but I want to," he said. "What would you like?"

"Bacon and eggs, please," I requested.

"Coming right up," he announced, walking into the kitchen that was conjoined with the rest of my apartment room.

My room basically consisted of one large room with a tiny bathroom, so two rooms in all. My bed was near the glass door, next to Celeste's which was empty. A couch was against the wall across from the door, and then there was a little archway leading into the tiny kitchen. Yeah, it wasn't much, but it was home.

"Where's Celeste?" Harry asked, cracking the eggs into the pan. "What would you like?"

"Scrambled, please," I requested, and then slumped onto the couch. "I don't really know. She took some stuff and left. Obviously it's not permanent, since most of her stuff is still here, but I don't know how long it'll last." I sighed. "I think she's mad about the whole you-me thing. Can't blame her. I said I didn't like you, she dated you, and then me and you started dating."

"It's not your fault, April, don't be so hard on yourself," Harry said, mixing my eggs around.

"I know. It's just-" I sighed. "We're best friends, y'know? Or we were. I don't know if we still are."

"I'm sure this won't last long," he assured me. "Girls fight all the time, don't they?"

"Yeah, I guess," I mused.

"So it'll turn out well. Most girl fights do, anyway. Your food is ready!"

Harry put my bacon and eggs on a black glass plate embroidered with flowers and gave it to me.

I wouldn't have cutlery and such if it weren't for my mom. I simply wasn't motivated enough to go out and buy some, and have to wash it all the time. I was planning on just getting papers plates and plastic cutlery, but Mom insisted on buying me and Celeste new things, and once she's got her mind set on something, it's pretty hard to sway her mind.