тнιятєєи

нαяяу

April stared at me, shocked. "What? My aunt Wendy ruined your singing career?" She laughed shakily, running a hand through the hair. "Are you sure?"

"I'm positive," I said grimly.

"How'd that happen?"

I sat down on the bed, patting the spot next to me. April sat down.

"I'm sure you heard of our last concert, right?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yeah. The last song you guys sang together was Kiss You, it was in Toronto, two-thousand-eleven. Everything seemed to be going fine, and then the next day, you guys broke up."

"After we finished the song, we all went backstage and then Wendy was there."

"Are you absolutely sure it was Aunt Wendy? I mean-"

"Yes, I'm sure," I interrupted her. "Same black hair, same glasses. May I continue?"

April pouted but nodded.

"She asked us if we wanted solo careers, and at first, we all said no," I continued. "We could still hear the screams of the fans from the auditorium as they left."

"What changed your mind?" she said quietly.

I hung my head. "Twitter."

"Twitter?" April's brow furrowed.

"We told her no, but she said the fans wanted it," I went on softly. "We didn't believe her at first, but she showed us her Twitter, and fans were saying that we'd be better off solo than as a band."

She gaped at me. "The fans wouldn't say that!"

"That's what I thought, but we had solid proof that they wanted us broken up, so... we broke up."

"Can I see?"

"What?"

"Can I see the tweet?"

I nodded, pulling out my phone. "If it's still there, then yeah. It was three years ago, though, I don't know if it'll still be there."

"Just hurry up."

"Alright, alright."

I typed in Wendy's username, something I never thought I'd be doing. Then again, I never expected to be dating her niece.

I scrolled down, trying to ignore the other bands she was trying to break up. I couldn't help but catch a few. 5 Seconds of Summer... Emblem3. I hoped they didn't agree. They're great bands.

"I found it," I announced, clicking on the tweet.

April grabbed my phone and stared at the text. I watched as her brown eyes widened when she scrolled down to look at the comments.

"'They'd be better off broken up? They'd be the best solo artists ever?'" April looked up at me, disbelief written all over her face. "This is absolute crap! Fans would never say that!"

"They did, and you've seen proof of it," I murmured, reaching to grab the phone, but she held it out of reach.

"Something about these names seem familiar," she muttered, frowning at them. I brought my arm back to my lap and stared at her in confusion.

It was almost as if a lightbulb switched on her in head, that's how quickly it went from her slouching with a frown to sitting straight up with a confident look.

"Harry," she said. "These aren't real fan accounts!"

It was my turn to frown. "They're not?"

"No."

"How do you know?"

She clicked on one of the account names, the one that was "Zaynmarryme." It brought us to the account.

"See?" April pointed at the "tweets" section at the top, as well as the "following." They both read "0." "If these were real fan accounts, they would've had hundreds of tweets and be at least following the five of you guys. Plus, no bio? Fans have bios, they try to sound as interesting as they can in case one of the boys stumbles upon their profile."

"I don't know..." I bit my lip. It did seem believable, I suppose.

"I used to go over to Aunt Wendy's house all the time when I was seventeen, the year you guys broke up," she added. "She's got two girls, you see: Riley, and then another one my age, Amelia. Mom and Dad would send me over there whenever they went on vacation. Anyway, I remember walking by the computer, where Aunt Wendy was logging into twitter. I always thought her account name made no sense-she's a married woman, she shouldn't have the name 'Zaynmarryme'-but I just dismissed it. It makes sense, though." She looked up at me. "Right?"

"Kind of," I said. "I mean, it makes sense, but it's not super believable."

April frowned. "Why not?"

"A grown woman making up fake accounts to get us to split up?"

"If you knew Aunt Wendy, it'd be believable," she argued. "She's a little... weird? Immature?"

I thought about it. "Yeah, I guess..."

April scowled, and at first, I thought she was mad at me. Then she muttered, "I can't believe her. Her own daughters loved you guys, and yet she still wanted to break you guys up?"

"She said it yourself, she's weird," I said.

"Yeah, but that weird?"

"There are always weird and cruel people in the world."

"Yeah I guess." She slumped. "But my own aunt? I never saw that coming."

Me neither, I thought. April was such a sweet girl; it doesn't make any sense that she's related to Wendy, a cold hearted old hag.

April leaned against me, and I put my arm around her shoulder. I was about to say something, going to try and reassure her, when the door opened.

__________________________________________________

Just a shout out to @sportsgirl_ri_5 who is super awesome, you should go read her books (hint hint hint hint)

Also, would you guys please go check out my new story (yes there's another one) Dear Diary? Please? With a cherry on top? :) <---- Hopeful smile.