єℓєνєи

нαяяу

I groaned, rolling over and pressing my pillow into my face.

My head hurt. Like, a lot. What even happened last night?

I don't really know.

I drove to the bar 'cause, you know, that's where people go. To drink away their pain.

Okay, that explains why my head hurt. I drank. Probably a lot.

My phone buzzed, and it was loud, causing me to groan again before picking it up and glancing at it.

Hey babe ;)

What the heck? I rubbed my eyes and glanced at the text again. The contact name was labelled "Best thing in the world" with a heart at the end. What even...?

Harry: Who is this?

Unknown: your girlfriend

Harry: Who is...?

Unknown: stop playing dumb sweetheart

Harry: I'm not

Unknown: its celeste silly

I stared at my phone and reread the message. I was dating Celeste? But I like April!

Celeste: im coming over later 2nite

Harry: No you're not

Celeste: y

Harry: Because we're not dating

Celeste: yes we r we hooked up last nite

Harry: Well then I'm breaking up with you

Celeste: u cant

Harry: I can and did. Leave me alone.

I turned my phone off, ignoring the five more texts I received from her.

April probably knows about this. Celeste is her best friend. I bet she doesn't even care. She's probably cuddling with her boyfriend right now, thankful that I'm finally going to leave her alone.

I got up and took an Aspirin before sitting back down again. The pain in my head started to dull, but it was still there.

A knock came at my door. I groaned before getting up with difficulty and making my way over to it. I didn't even bother looking to see who it was; it was probably Celeste. I was just going to tell her to go away.

I opened it and said, "Celeste, go-" I stopped. Celeste wasn't standing in front of me. "April?"

"Hi," she said nervously. Why is she nervous.

"Come in," I said, stepping out of the way. She just stood in the hallway, biting her lip.

"Look, Harry..." She trailed off uncertainly.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Being a jerk. Not listening to you."

"April? Are you sure you don't want to come in?"

April tentatively took a step forward, into my hotel room. I closed to door behind her.

"I heard you're dating Celeste," she said quietly.

"No, April, I'm not."

"I mean, I can't blame you," she went on, ignoring me. "She's much prettier and nice."

"April." I caught her attention. "I'm not dating Celeste."

April frowned. "You're not?"

I shook my head. "Nope."

"But Celeste said you were..."

"I was drunk, okay? I just broke up with her."

April looked relieved, and I felt a tiny spark of hope that she liked me.

"Okay, good," she said.

"Good?" I raised an eyebrow playfully. "Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

She rolled her eyes, a tiny smile appearing on her face. "Harry."

"You like me," I teased.

She blushed but didn't answer, confirming my suspicions.

"What about your boyfriend?"

April shrugged. "We broke up." She looked up at me. "Harry?"

"Yes," I said. I nodded. I already knew what she would say.

"How do you know what I was going to say?" she asked. "What if I was going to say 'I hate you'?"

My face fell.

"I'm kidding," she said hurriedly.

I smiled again, and she smiled back.

This is how it's supposed to be.

________________________________________________

Sorry if this sucks. I'm not super motivated to write this, but I'm trying.

I thought of a new story idea :D I just need a description and then I'll probably put it up, even though I most likely won't update until I'm finished this book and at least started Famous.