fσυятєєи

αρяιℓ

Harry and I looked up at the same time when we heard the door open. And who was standing there?

Aunt Wendy.

Of course...

"So," she said, eyeing Harry's arm that was draped over my shoulder. Harry tensed, pulling me closer to him protectively. "I see you've met my niece."

"Yes, I have," Harry said coldly.

"I see you've already met my boyfriend," I spoke up.

"He told you what happened, didn't he?" Aunt Wendy was talking to me, now, not Harry.

"Yes, he did," I answered.

"And we figured out you tricked us," Harry butted in.

"I'm surprised it took you so long," Aunt Wendy mused.

Harry clenched his jaw but didn't say anything.

"I can't believe you broke them up," I said scornfully.

"They chose to break up," Aunt-you know what, I'm done calling her Aunt-Wendy pointed out.

"Only after you tricked them into thinking their fans wanted them broken up," I argued.

"Well look how popular they are now," Wendy said. "Everyone listens to their music, because since they broke up, it's special."

"Yeah, but only two of them sing now," I retorted. "Zayn and Louis are settled down with their wives, and Harry..." I glanced at him. "Liam barely sings, though. Face it, Wendy." I spat her name out venomously. "You really messed this up."

"No I didn't," she denied, crossing her arms. "Niall finally gets the recognition he deserves since he's solo. He makes great music."

"But the music was better when they were in a band." I shook my head. "How could you break them up when both of your daughters loved them?"

Wendy stiffened, and I knew I struck a sensitive place. "I don't want to talk about it."

"I can just imagine their reactions," I continued. "Amelia, getting angry, shouting at you."

"Doesn't matter," she said stiffly. "She's moved out."

"And Riley." I sighed. "She'll be heartbroken. She loved them with all her heart, and you just took that away from her, only thinking of yourself."

"Don't tell them."

"Why not? They deserve to know."

"They're my daughters, April, they'll hate me."

"I can't blame them." I stared her down coldly.

It was silent between us for a while, Harry not saying anything. Then Wendy spoke.

"You hate me, don't you, April?"

I wanted to nod, but I wasn't exactly sure if I hated her. That was a bit extreme, even though what she did was extreme.

"You practically broke my heart," I started off, slowly. "I loved One Direction with all my heart, and then they just break up out of nowhere. I was absolutely crushed." Wendy deflated a little. "But no, I don't hate you."

She looked surprised. "You don't?"

"No," I said. "I'm disappointed in you, but I don't hate you. I need to be the better person in this situation."

Wendy swallowed but didn't say anything. She turned to Harry.

"I apologize for what I did," she said.

"You're not sorry," Harry hissed, surprising me. Wendy looked taken aback. "This is just an act, just to look good in front of your niece. It's not working on me."

"What do you mean, I'm not sorry?" Wendy asked incredulously.

"You made a lot of money that day, and you were extremely happy about it," Harry said in a low voice. "You don't care about anyone else; all you care about is yourself and money."

"That...that's not true," Wendy said defensively, but I could see in her eyes that she was lying.

"Stop acting," Harry demanded. "You're not fooling anyone."

Wendy bit her lip.

"You disgust me," I spat. "Get out of my room."

"But-" she protested.

"I said get out!" I raised my voice, and I swear I heard the chatter in the living room, which was next door, falter.

Wendy gave both Harry and I the death glare before leaving.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know," I said.

"Sorry about what? None of this is your fault," Harry said soothingly.

"Maybe." I looked up at him. "Isn't it weird, dating your career ruiner's niece?"

"A little," Harry admitted. "But you're nothing like her, so it's all good."

I smiled and rested against his chest. His arm was very strong.

"Are we ready to go out and face the rest of you family?" Harry asked softly.

I thought about it. They'd probably ask what happened, why I was yelling. I wasn't ready for that quite yet, and besides, Harry was warm.

"No," I murmured.

Harry laughed lightly and wrapped both arms around me. We sat on my bed, surrounded by old One Direction posters, cuddling with each other, until dinner was called.

____________________________________________

Just saying, if anyone wants to message me, that'd be great :) I like meeting new people. No? Alright. *awkward laugh*