ѕιχ

αρяιℓ

I sat on my couch, eating ice cream straight from the tub. I was supposed to go to work today, but I had called in sick. I was too busy feeling sorry for myself.

"It's okay April," Celeste soothed as I took a big spoonful of ice cream and put it in my mouth.

"No, it's not," I protested once I had swallowed. "Guys usually aren't interested in me. When Harry came along, I thought it was surreal that he had taken a liking to me. And it was. It was all just a joke." I ate another spoonful of ice cream.

I know it's very cliché to eat after a breakup or cheating or, in my case, a lead on that turns out to be nothing, but I didn't care. I was feeling very cliché that afternoon.

Celeste nodded but didn't say anything. Probably because she didn't know how I felt. She got all the guys. I was surprised Harry hadn't come over and asked her out.

We heard a knock on the door, and Celeste stood up and walked over, looking out the peep hole. I stayed snuggled in my fuzzy blankets, eating.

"It's Harry," she called, turning to me. "Should I open the door?"

I shrugged. "Do whatever you want. I could care less about him." Lies.

Celeste chose to open the door, putting her hands on her hips. "What do you want?" she demanded.

"Is April there?" Harry asked, sounding nervous. He glanced into the apartment, spotting me on the couch. I ignored him.

"She doesn't want to talk to you," Celeste said curtly, trying to close the door. Harry jammed his foot in, though, stopping her from closing it. I rolled my eyes.

"Can I please talk to her?" he asked.

"No," Celeste said firmly. She kicked his foot, moving it, and then slammed the door shut.

"Probably wanted to break my heart even more," I muttered as Celeste sat down, but I knew that wasn't true. Harry's a nice guy. At least, I think he is.

"Don't worry," Celeste tried to comfort me. "He's just another guy. You'll find the right one soon."

But it didn't work. Harry seemed different than most guys.

I shook my head. I need to stop crying over him and just move on.

I threw the blanket back, standing up.

"What are you doing?" Celeste asked.

"I shouldn't cry over him," I told her. "Like you said, he's just another guy. I've had boyfriends before, and it doesn't help if you just cry over them."

Celeste smiled. "True."

I placed the ice cream back in the freezer and threw my spoon in the sink. I turned to Celeste. "So, what do you want to do?"

She smirked. "We could always go to a party," she said slyly.

I groaned. "You know I hate parties."

"I know," she said, "but it'll help you get your mind off of Harry."

"It'll also help me do things I'll regret doing," I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"Hey, I never said you had to get wasted," Celeste defended.

"Fine. I guess we'll go. Who's party?"

"Aiden's."

"All right, just let me get ready." I went into my room and looked through my clothes. I picked out a black dress and put it on. I did my hair and makeup, and then stepped out.

"Ooh, look at you," Celeste said. She was wearing a tight red dress.

I rolled my eyes yet again. "Come on, let's go."