The Plan

Suddenly this pretty amazing idea popped into my head. It was so perfect!

I was planning everything on a sheet of paper, when I heard someone approaching my tent. I frantically hid the paper under my mattress and I started to fold the blankets on the mattress to make it seem I wasn't guilty of something.

I folded slowly and listened closely. Soon, Pan popped through the tent. He quickly said "Uh.. I am going to be gone for a little while."

"So, um are you going out to get the new arrival or whatever?" I asked.

I knew he was. And he would be lying if he said he wasn't. He may have fooled Felix about his plans for the Truest Believer, but he wasn't fooling me.

"Actually, he isn't on the island yet. I'm just going to... ya know... I'm just going for a stroll." He replied.

Yeah, sure! He was a total liar! Everything he does is screwy. Never for a second can I think he might actually be telling me the truth.

But why did he tell Felix and not me?

"Oh, okay. I'll just go back to watch the boys..." I said. I started to head out of the tent when Pan said "No.... Well, you don't have to. I think Felix has got it tonight. Of course I'm not stopping you."

He got out of my tent and was heading towards his tent. "Thanks! I've been needing a break!" I said hoping he heard me.

But I had other plans for tonight.

I started to put everything I needed in my satchel. Including a knife (which I put in a woven, safe knife case I made myself, thank you), some food (mostly water, fruit, and bread), bandages, and some pixie dust.

I have been saving that pixie dust for forever. I ALSO have been hiding it from Pan. There's hardly any left on this island, and I think Pan would kill to get some. So I stuffed it in my bag, and headed to Pan's tent.

I decided I actually do need to "watch the boys" tonight. Well, not really. I just need to make Pan think I am going to have my hands full tonight.

So I can follow him.