Chapter 1 : Found

A/N : I know I keep starting all these books, but I promise, one day I will finish them all. I'm just really stressed out because I have 3 more weeks of school and then I graduate, and I have so many finals and stuff. I keep getting writers block for my other stories, and I keep thinking of new book ideas, and this was one of them. So... Enjoy.

Chapter 1

Riker POV

I was curled up behind some boxes in the basement. It was one of my usual hiding spots. My dad didn't spend much energy trying to find me, so I was usually safe down here. The problem was when I had to leave my hiding spot. When he'd see me, that's when everything would happen.

It was cold down here. He rarely put on the heat. He had a fireplace in the living room, and he would sit there for hours. None of the heat would make it down to the basement, which is where I was usually hiding. 

My bedroom was upstairs, but it didn't really make a difference where I was. I didn't have many blankets up there. I had sheets, a tan blanket that covered my bed, and my baby blanket from when I was born, which was tiny.

But I carried it everywhere I went. It was the only thing that made me feel better.

I took it to school too. I'd keep it hidden in my backpack so no one would see. It probably wouldn't make much of a difference though because everyone makes fun of me. I'm the weird kid that nobody wants to be friends with.

Today was Saturday, so I didn't have to worry about school until Monday. I really didn't like school, and I wasn't very good at it either. I tried my hardest, but I still got low grades, and my dad made sure I got punished for them.

"Riker! Get your butt in here right now!" Dad yelled.

Oh no. What's going on?

I had to obey. Things would be much worse if I didn't.

I slowly went upstairs, and made my way to the living room.

"W-what d-dad?" I asked, quietly.

"I just got an email from one of your teachers. Why are you failing geometry!?"

"I-I don't k-know! I-it's hard t-to understand," I stuttered.

"What have I told you about bad grades?"

"D-don't get them unless I w-want to p-pay the c-consequences."

"That's right."

Before I knew it, I was knocked to the floor. I got hit a few times, and whipped with his belt. He didn't go too hard on me this time, and I was grateful for that. 

When he was finished, I snuck back down to my hiding spot in the basement. I gently massaged the places that hurt, and shivered a little from the cold.

All of a sudden, there was a loud bang from upstairs, and I heard yelling. My dad had friends over a lot of times, and they'd all hurt me together, so I was terrified! I crawled inside of one of the boxes, and held it shut. 

My whole body was trembling, and it still hurt from my punishment. I was trying so hard to stay still and not give myself away if they came down here, but being curled up really small was so uncomfortable.

I heard the basement door open and a bunch of people walking down here. I became so tense, and tried to barely breathe.

"Riker? Come out. It's ok."

I didn't recognize the voice. I know most of my dad's friends. But this didn't sound like any of them. Maybe he has a new friend. What if he hurts me even worse than his other friends!?