+-+ Forty Five +-+

(( also titled "Iris" ))

tw: fluff and mentions of self harm/self hatred

+ THIRD PERSON +

To say that Patty was holding onto Danny tightly was an understatement completely. Patty was terrified of dancing in front of people, shit he was terrified just being the center of attention.

"You'll be okay. I'm there too. Focus on the song I picked and just breathe." Danny whispered right before they entered the room, softly kissing his forehead.

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't wanna go home right now

Patty is sobbing in Danny's arms, his entire body almost going slack when the first words of the song play. This was the song that had accidentally played the first time they kissed, well soberly kissed; and Patty was crying at that time too.

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
When sooner or later it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight

Danny is holding onto Patty like it was the only thing in his life to do. Softly telling him it was alright and they were together now, that all the pain was gone.

Patty couldn't say anything in response, just tightly held onto the suit jacket he was wearing and cried. Cried because of how nice Danny smelt, the soft musk of a man mixed with the cleanliness of deodorant. He cried because he was so in love and words couldn't describe how he was feeling.

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

The sleeves covering Patty's arms hid everything from the world. The deep cuts from his failed suicide attempt are still so prominent that Patty had spent a lot of nights staring at them and just sobbing. Sobbing because nothing else seemed to help him, not even Danny holding him to his chest.

Danny would watch as Patty crumbled in his arms, trying to find something to calm him down. Before softly singing him any song that came to mine, usually is was Rocket Man by Elton John. Mainly because it was a very soft song and could be sang as a lullaby.

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, You bleed just to know you're alive

Danny's arms were scarred over as well, but had faded almost completely and only being prominent if you really searched. Patty had cut himself in between his suicide attempt and the wedding, everything in his chest built up.

"I-I'm sorry." Patty sobbed in Danny's arms that night, the few cuts on his legs bleeding as Dan was softly rubbing his back.

"I get it and relapsing is completely healthy. You're okay now because I've got you." Dan said back, kissing all over his face.

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

Patty had finally stopped crying in Danny's arms, finally actually dancing with him. The room was almost silent around them, which was easily the more terrifying thing.

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

No one in Dan's family knew why Patty's family didn't attend and they planned to keep it that way. They wanted Patty to seem like a good person who didn't come from a horrible family.

Dan actually told his sister the truth, because he had to hear someone else's side on the matter.

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

Patty was abused and has severe PTSD mixed with Bipolar Disorder.

I just want you to know who I am

Danny is a raised Jewish homosexual man, who grew to love himself and others before his life fell apart during the death of his dad.

I just want you to know who I am

Both men we're "fucked up" in their own ways, which is what made them perfect for each other. 

I just want you to know who I am

All they needed was love.

I just noticed this story has over one thousand reads?! Thank you so much for enjoying my book of depression!
Remember to love yourself!
-Kells