A Great Loss

Taylor's POV

Gone? The last thing I told them was,

"Bye, guys. Love you! Be back soon!"

Now they were never coming back. How was I going back to school? Who was going to watch us? I was only seventeen and worked at Jewel..but that was only part-time since I was at school.

"Taylor, I can get a job to. And Aunt Kathy said she'd live with us and take care of us. We'd just have to move in with her. She only lives ten minutes away from school too. We'll get through this." Jenny comforted me.

"I'm supposed to be comforting my younger sister, not the other way around." I cried.

"Hey, Taylor. Calm down. I was already looking to work at the Walgreens down a couple blocks down." We were both crying.

"When can we move in with Aunt Kathy?" I said trying to stay strong.

"She's on a business trip right now, and then she's going on her honey-moon after that. And then another business trip. She estimated about nine months."

"Nine months?! We can't afford this house for that long! We need to find a cheap apartment and move out.. Soon. I'll call the school and tell them the situation, so when I'm absent they know why. I don't want you taking off of school, do you understand?"

"Yes. What about BlueBird?" she asked.

"Shh, stay strong Jenny. You know mom and dad would want me to take a break from it for awhile. We can't let this break us, okay?"

"I never said goodbye to them!" I let her cry for awhile.

"Come on, now. We should pack our things up. You start while I search for an apartment okay?" I finally managed to calm her down. When she left I grabbed my laptop and started searching. I lost both my parents... I am broken. I just can't live anymore...but Jenny.. I'll live for her. Only her. After a couple hours of searching, I finally found a reasonable one in a decent price range. We called a moving truck so we could drive it there with all our stuff. Our neighbors helped us with all our things. They already knew what happened so they were glad to help. Our parents were loved by many...the funeral service was being held by their friends...I just couldn't plan it myself.

----------------------------------------------

"We're here." I sighed.

We unpacked everything.

"I'm going to take mom's car down to the bank to withdrawal some money, okay? Don't leave this apartment. I love you so much Jenny."

When I went to the bank I withdrew about a thousand dollars of my savings. We needed to buy food, so I also went to Walgreens and picked some necessities up. The apartment wasn't so bad.. it had a bedroom, a kitchen, a bathroom, a pull-out couch bed, and a TV. I would still manage to make Jenny's life as normal as possible. How? I don't know but I'll figure that out.

"Jenny, I'm home!" I called.

She had already unpacked and set up the entire apartment. It didn't look too shabby.

"I hope you took the room, Jenny. I'll take the couch." I smiled.

"No, Taylor you're already doing enough-"

"It's pointless arguing, we both know that." I forced a laugh for her.

"I'll put the groceries away." She stated.

My phone started ringing so I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Taylor? It's Harry. I went by your house and you weren't there so I asked your neighbors. I'm so sorry about your parents. They told me where your apartment was so I'll be over there in a couple minutes."

"You don't have to, Harry-"

"Plus your neighbors naked you like twenty casseroles so I have to bring them anyway. I also have IceCream and movies so you can't object."

It was only a couple minutes later until he showed up. He embraced me in a large hug.

"Don't close yourself off because of this. Please, talk to me."

"Harry, I-"

"Taylor? Who's at the- Who's he? Should I uh, go back to my room?" Jenny asked.

"Yes, please. Thank you so much, Jenny. You know I love you. You're the best."

She left me and Harry alone.