Chapter 37

Penny had woken up and started to cry. I picked her little body up in my arms and cradled her back and forth. When that didn't work I took her into mine and Josh's room. Penny drooled on my shoulder as I got one of her bottles with baby formula. Luckily we had found a bunch of those two weeks ago. It made it a lot easier to make sure Penelope got everything she needed. Josh saw that I struggled to get everything together and took Penny in his arms.

"Hey Penny, we need to let your sister fix your breakfast for you." He said and brushed through her blonde locks with his hand, making Penny giggle and reach her arms up to him. Josh held her close to his chest and whispered in her ear. Penelope giggled in return. Those two were quite the pair.

"What?" Josh asked as he saw me stand rested against the wall with the bottle in my hand. I smirked, not telling him how beautiful I thought the sight in front of me was.

"Nothing." I whispered and sat down on the couch with Josh and Penny next to me.

"Now give me the child." I laughed as Josh made funny faces to make Penelope laugh even more than before. Her little head was as red as a tomato when Josh finally gave her to me. As soon as she saw the bottle she reached for it with her tiny little hands. I chuckled before giving her the bottle. She drank it all up before yawning and falling asleep in my arms.

I rested against Josh's shoulder. My eyes had gotten heavier and heavier.

"You want to sleep?" Josh whispered. I nodded, too tired for talking. Josh reached and took my sister from my arms, carefully to make sure that she didn't wake up. I rested my head on his shoulder and finally let my eyelids close. Maybe I could get a dreamless sleep for once.

***

Should we wake her up?

No let her sleep...

For the first time in forever my body felt completely rested and calm. I heard the sound of a can opening and Penny giggle somewhere in the room. I opened my eyes and let them adjust to the light for a moment. I looked around. Riley and Farkle were playing with Penny on the carpet and Topanga and Josh seemed to be cleaning our guns.

I got up and stretched a little bit before starting to help Josh and Topanga with the guns.

"Good morning." Josh said with a smile. Topanga just nodded, she hadn't said much since we left Danvar. Suddenly I heard Riley squeal behind me. I turned around to see Penny crawl over the floor slowly. She looked like she was going to fall over at any moment but she continued until she was at my feet. She then smiled and lifted her arms up, signalizing that she wanted to be picked up. So I did that.

"She learned how to crawl!" I said amazed by the little ones accomplishments. Everyone cheered, even Topanga.

"But shouldn't she be older if she crawled?" Farkle asked.

"She is probably around six months old or older now, it's completely normal." Topanga said smiling.

"She is both my mom and Shawn, we fight in this family." I whispered before kissing her on the forehead.