Chapter 33

Sorry for the short chapter, it's been a very stressful week.

It's been two days since Shawn and Cory went back to Danvar. The others have been using every second during the days to build up our new little community. I have instead been focusing on training up my body and it's already starting to get back to its old self. I don't even need my crickets anymore. When I aim my gun I am not shaking and I even fought down two growlers yesterday. Josh wasn't happy but I couldn't let him take down seven by himself.

The community was now done. We didn't really know what to call it yet so we just decided to call it Danvar the second, a brilliant name that Riley came up with. We are probably going home tonight, about four or five people from Danvar are going to live here from now on. Danvar is starting to get a bit too small for all the people at Danvar.

Danvar the second is a lot smaller than Danvar, just about six houses but the walls are made out of metal and now we even have electricity here so that is a huge bonus.

The sun had just started travelling down the sky when Riley interrupted my workout session by trying to sneak up behind me. I heard her a long way back and just when she was about to grab my arm I kicked her legs, making her tumble to the ground. She sat up and tried to brush the dry dirt of her jeans while laughing.

"Okay, maybe not this one time Peaches but I am getting better." She laughed. I just shook my head. Riley had decided that she wanted to be better at sneaking and she hasn't improved anything these last days. That girl couldn't be quiet even if her and my life hanged on it.

"Sure Riles, sure." I said before helping my best friend up from the ground. Farkle came walking towards us.

"No progress yet?" He shouted.

"Not yet! I start to think that she is a hopeless case!" I shouted back at him making him laugh. Suddenly I could feel a pair of arms around my stomach, hugging me from behind. Josh kissed me on the cheek before resting his head on my shoulder.

"See Riley that is how you sneak up on someone." I said and pointed to Josh who chuckled in response.

"Ready to get home to Danvar?" He asked. Riley nodded and smiled, she missed her home.

"When are the others coming?" Farkle asked when he had gotten next to us.

"They are probably on their way, we can probably leave now." Josh answered, his voice slightly muffled by my hair. I turned around and faced him.

"Let's go home." I said before pecking on his nose with my lips quickly. I took his hand and when I reached out one to Riley I realized that she already had her hands connected with Farkle's.

The ride was calm, no problems with any herds and we even got to play some music on the radio. It felt so good to just feel safe and slowly fall asleep while the car rolled in soft curves.

When I woke up I realized that something was wrong immediately. The sky was completely dark and when I looked out I saw hundreds of growlers heading towards what I assume is Danvar. I followed the herd with my eyes until they finally landed on their final destination and my breath got stuck in my throat.

Danvar was on fire...