Chapter 12

His lips felt soft against mine and I felt like I was floating. I had only thought that people that said kissing was feeling like lightning bolts pumping through your body was overreacting but I guess not. Shit, what am I doing? I quickly pulled away and looked down on the ground, too embarrassed to look at Josh. He didn't say anything so I walked away. Josh followed. I was heading towards the gate when Josh placed himself in front of me, blocking my way. I thought that I was going to get yelled at. I opened my mouth to defend myself but before I even got the chance Josh put his head under my chin and lifted my head so that I looked straight into his eyes. For a moment all I heard was our breaths in the cold air and the only thing I felt was how much I needed him.

"Josh?" I whispered and he kissed me with such passion that I am pretty sure I would have fallen to the ground if he hadn't kept an arm around my waist. I moved my hands up his back and rested them behind his neck. I pushed myself closer to him. I know that we shouldn't do this, especially not here but it felt so good. Josh's hand traveled over my back and shoulders, pausing at every scar they found from the hundreds of fights I had fought. The signs that I had survived. He pulled away and sighed while resting his forehead against mine. We heard someone coming so we both pulled away.

"What are you doing? Are you both okay?" Riley said. I turned around and I could feel how my cheeks were turning red. She hadn't seen what happened.

"Yeah we are alright although Josh has some bruises that are in need of a check up." I answered and rubbed the back of my hand. Well this is awkward. Josh picked up the weapons we had thrown to the side. He didn't say anything when he walked away inside. He just gave me a small smirk before walking in to Danvar again. He took my weapons, again. I sighed and slapped my own forehead.

"Hey, you okay?" Riley asked concerned. I looked at her and smiled.

"Yeah, just a bit tired." I said before going inside again followed by my best friend. Riley took my hand.

"Ehm Maya." She said. She looked nervous, what is going on now?

"Yes?" I answered, waiting impatiently for her to answer.

"Do you want to see Shawn?" Riley mumbled. Shawn, is her here?

"Is Shawn alive?" I shouted, making people turn their heads towards us. Riley nodded. The man that had been like my father was alive?

"Where?" I asked. Riley pointed towards a house on the other side of Danvar. Has he been alive all this time? Before anyone could stop me I ran. At least a part of my family was alive. Shawn's house was white and I quickly opened the door to go inside.

"Shawn?" I shouted and hoped that he heard me. I looked inside the kitchen but didn't find him. I sighed and went upstairs. I didn't hear anyone except a small cry from one of the rooms and I am completely sure that it wasn't Shawn's voice. I checked inside the room. I was right, it wasn't Shawn but an infant. The child was crying all alone. I picked the child up and tried to calm it down. It looks like a little girl.

"Hi little one." I whispered and rocked the little body close to me. She was blonde and had blue eyes, she kind of looks like Shawn. Then it hit me, this is my sibling. I just stood with the child in my arms as the door opened and revealed a shocked Shawn.