Dress Robes

Hermione shouted at Ron, but it was no use.

The owl had already been sent.

Hermione had warned him not to - he was going to get punished. Mr Ronald Weasley had just defied Hermione Granger, Minister of Magic and his wife.

Ron gulped, suddenly regretting his idea.

But then he straightened up.

Yes, Hogwarts was having a Ball.

And Hugo didn't have a date. Yet.

Ron had sent him a letter, with something....special, attached.

Dear Hugo,

This needs to be quick. Your mother is going to come home soon, and she will kill me. You see, you forgot your robes. Your new, shiny dress robes. But I don't want you to have those. I hid them. I've sent you...mine. Their a family tradition. But make sure you don't hesitate. If there is a girl there that you like, go for it. Don't wait - I made that mistake, and angered one of my best friends for the majority of the year. I was stupid. Don't be like me. Go for it.
Dad

Attached were a old, worn pair of ugly dress robes. When Hugo received them, he didn't see the letter, but first tore the paper apart.

Then he looked more closely, and saw it. The letter.

He read it, and smiled. Got up, in front of everyone, and went over to the one he loved.

And he asked her.