Phoenix

When Albus was out of Hogwarts, a Phoenix flew through the window. He took it under his wing and in the next week, his dad came round to check on him.

"What is that noise?" Harry asked.

The Phoenix was singing, and both Harry and Albus were enthralled, although Harry didn't know what was singing.

"Oh, that's my Phoenix. It flew through the window one day and didn't leave, so I figured it was for me." Albus told him, "I tried to make it leave, because I didn't think it would like living here....Dad?" Albus asked.

Harry was staring at the Phoenix, mouth wide open and eyes wide.

"Dad?" Albus asked nervously.

"This Phoenix." His dad replied.

"Yes," Albus smiled nervously.

"I know this Phoenix. This is Fawkes! Dumbledore's Phoenix - it must be! It is!"

"Dumbledore's Phoenix?" Albus said in awe.

"Yes, the one who gave a feather in my wand and saved my life in the Chamber of Secrets."

"Wow."

"I know....Phoenixes are very smart. He came here, to his new owner. Now he is loyal to you. Look after Fawkes well. And don't forget, on Burning Day, he isn't dead!" Harry said as he disapparated.

"Dumbledore's name, Dumbledore's Phoenix, what's next, Dumbledore'a beard?" Albus shuddered at the very thought as he murmured it to himself.