More Afterlife

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOUR OFF SPRING IS GOING TO MARRY MY DAUGHTER?!" Blackhart held Prons up against the wall as he had heard the news after a snide remark from Padfoot.

"Ummm...sorry?" James frowned, but eased into a hopeful smile. He remembered how they had seen it happening...

James had looked up at Lily Snape-Darling. She was so pretty in the moonlight - her pale face glowed and her green eyes - which came as a huge surprise when Lily first opened her eyes to Snape - lit up as James whispered her name softly. They had taken a walk along the park. It was a nice night - a full moon - on which they all remembered Remus - and Teddy grieved.

They were strolling along - it was two months after Hogwarts - James didn't know whether it was too early - he bit his lip, remembering that his mother had told him, 'to be brave' and 'if she doesn't want to now, you can wait. Be patient, boy. She's the girl of your dreams. Your grandfather, god bless Prongs, would be so proud'

"Lily Snape-Darling," He repeated as she gazed up at him.

"You know I'm not great with the sappy, romantic stuff. I just want to say this. Don't run from me. I will wait. But for now, Lily Snape-Darling, will you marry me?" He took in a deep breath.

"James.....No. I will, I promise. One day. Not just yet. I'm barely out of being a student - let me become slightly older and get a secure job. I love you, but-" Lily was interrupted.

"Please don't leave me. I swear I was pressuring you into it - I swear! I will wait for you, forever if you want. But I want to do this the right way - I want to start a family with you, Lil. I will wait as long as you want."

"James! I would never leave you! I don't need forever - I just need some time, I need to get my life together before I start thinking about children and marriage. Soon, though. I promise. I will marry you. I will become a Potter."

"Lily Snape-Darling-Potter. Or just Lily Potter, for short. History repeats itself, once again. Bet the Marauders are laughing now. Snape must be beating my Grandpa Prongs' ass right now." James said.

"Thank you James."

"This is the first time I'm glad your Dad is...not with us. I'm sure he would shoot me in the head. I'm sure he'll...talk to me when I pass through the veil, one day. But Mrs Darling might kill me - I haven't thought about that yet..."

And then Sirius's reaction.

He was howling with laughter at the beating Prongs' ass comment. Tears were trickling down his face at that one comment. They had all remained silent when Lily said no - it came as a shock, because they had been watching the two - they had true love like James and Lily (which was ironic enough considering the names).

"Blackhart beating Prongs' ass up," Sirius wheezed (A/N: That's for you, Wheezy! elc135 ) breathlessly, "that's something I'd die to see."

"You're already dead!" Remus called from afar - a passionate embrace with Tonks was occurring - Sirius had sent them away after being scarred for life.

"Shut up Moony. And Sirius, really?! Like he would win!" James boasted.

None of them noticed the moment when Snape walked in, about 5 minutes later. He sat down and listened in on their conversation.

He got the hint after Sirius made the stupid move of saying, "Well, at least we know Snape's going to marry into the Potter family through Lily!"

Then he lifted James up and slammed him against a wall.

And, that was that. Now was now.

"Not so confident who's going to win this fight now, Prongs?" Padfoot hooted with delight, "Go on Blackhart! Punch him a bit! Beat his deer ass!"

"NOT HELPING, PADFOOT!" James shouted.