18. I Made Him Feel Guilty

Ambrosia awoke in her bedroom alone. Surely, Demetri or Callum would have been by her side when she awoke. If she awoke. As she sat upright, a sharp pang echoed excruciatingly in her head. Rose instinctively placed her hand on the painful spot, trying to take it slow as she swung her legs over the side of her bed. If it hurts this bad in my human state, I can only imagine if I were a werewolf. As a matter of fact, let's not think about it.

Slowly, Ambrosia opened her door and made her way downstairs. She gripped the railing as firmly as she could; she didn't want to faint again. Downstairs, Rose found Callum watching TV.

"What happened?" she asked. Callum turned towards her, eyeing her suspiciously.

"What are you talking about?"

"What happened after I fainted?" His eyes enlarged, Callum jumped up and placed his hands on her shoulders, gripping Ambrosia tightly.

"Ambrosia, are you okay?" he questioned full of concern.

"I'm fine except for this severe pain in my head. What happened after I fainted yesterday? Where's Demetri? Did he go home?" Ambrosia searched around the living room, but could not see another being with them. Her hearing wasn't picking up on any strange noises either.

"You didn't faint yesterday. You never even left your room," Callum pointed out as he touched her forehead. "Wait, who's Demetri?"

Contemplating, Rose spoke aloud, "That's not possible. I know I fainted. I remember it so clearly." She narrowed her eyes, wondering if she could be mistaken.

"Rose, you didn't. Now, who's Demetri? Please tell me you're not cheating." His deep, unfaltering voice told Ambrosia of his seriousness.

"My boyfriend? You know, Demetri? Don't act like you don't know who I'm talking about."

"Your boyfriend is Jaylen."

"Jaylen? I'm not dating Jaylen! I only met him yesterday!" Ambrosia shouted in surprise. Callum crossed his arms, about ready to fetch his car keys.

"No, you met him a couple of months ago when school first started. I guess you guys ran into each other on the bus ride home from the college. You guys have been going strong for a while now."

"No, I met him yesterday after I got into a fight with my real boyfriend, Demetri," I stressed, hoping Callum would finally remember.

"Alright, I'm taking you to the hospital. You need to see a doctor." Callum grabbed Ambrosia's arms and began pulling her towards the front door. Rose managed to wiggle free and grab her cell phone. She searched her pictures for one of her and Demetri, but alas, there weren't any. She scrolled through her contacts for Demetri's name, only to find it wasn't there. Catalina's disappeared also. Luckily, Ambrosia knew Demetri's number by heart. She quickly dialed it, soon hearing the familiar ring repeat.

At the sound of a click, Ambrosia asked in a panic, "Hello? Demetri?"

"No, this is Elliot. Who's this?" she heard a strange man reply.

"I'm sorry, I have the wrong number."

Hanging up, Ambrosia ran upstairs before the tears escaped her in front of Callum. She locked her door behind her, but Callum knocked on her door nonetheless.

"Rose, are you okay? I'm sorry about Demetri."

"No, you're not. You don't even know him. I just made him up in my delusional mind, right? You probably think I'm crazy."

"I don't think you're crazy. You're just mistaken. Maybe you had a dream of this Demetri being your boyfriend?" Rose threw her door open.

"I didn't though. He really is my boyfriend; I know he is. Maybe this is just a dream... This has to be a dream. I'm in a hospital in a coma, and Demetri is sitting next to me holding my hand like couples do; he has to be. I just need to wake up," she rambled.