Untitled Part 6

***I started this story about 5 years ago and still haven't come up with a name for this chapter... What do you guys think I should name it? I'm open to suggestions!***

Unlike Ambrosia, Josephine sat with a couple of boys surrounding her. They weren't the cutest guys, but Rose guessed Josephine was trying to prove a point that boys could and did like her. Every now and then, Ambrosia would notice Josephine glancing over at her and snickering. How annoying.

Quickly forgetting her desperation and trying her best to avoid everyone's uncomfortable staring, Ambrosia began eating her now cold food, wishing Demetri was there with her.

If Demetri was there, Ambrosia could rub him in Josephine's face. Josephine would surely quit her snickering then, but Rose didn't want Demetri to think she only wanted to date him for that reason. It was no way near why.

Demetri's looks and his amazing personality were some reasons why Rose wished to date him, but they were not entirely everything. Rose wanted someone who would love her back, and she could tell Demetri would. It'd be wonderful to be able to cuddle with someone during lightning storms or kiss with rain pouring down on them. To stay up all night watching movies or just talking about random things would be a dream come true. Just once, Ambrosia wanted to have someone near her who she could feel comfortable with and finally, completely be herself with. For once, Rose just wanted someone she cared about to care about her.

Walking through the college hallway, Ambrosia wondered if Catalina was there. If she was, maybe she could tell Rose why Demetri was absent. To be honest, Ambrosia could just use a friend.

With no luck yet, Rose turned down a corner, only to find Catalina was not down this hall.

"Ambrosia!" someone suddenly called from behind.

Startled, Ambrosia turned around to see Catalina strolling her way with a bright smile.

"I've been looking for you!" Rose screamed back, smiling excitedly.

"I'm sorry we didn't get to hang out. If it was okay, I wanted to yesterday, but I saw you walking hand in hand with Demetri. I couldn't force myself to interrupt."

"That's okay. You still could have come and said hello though. I wouldn't have minded. It would have been nice to see a friend."

"You don't have any friends?" Catalina asked concerned, making Ambrosia chuckle.

"I have a couple, but I meant it would have been nice to see you after my fight," Rose smiled faintly. "Demetri didn't tell you?" she questioned, seeing Catalina's confusion.

"Tell me what?"

"About my fight?" Catalina shook her head. "Oh. Well, I got into an argument with my no-longer-best-friend."

"What was the fight about, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Apparently, I'm ugly and fat, which explains why I can't get any boys to like me." Ambrosia shrugged as if the fight with Josephine was no big deal.

"Awe, you poor thing! You don't need a friend like her. You have me," Catalina grinned, hoping to cheer Ambrosia up. Though she hadn't known Ambrosia long, Catalina could tell the fight had rocked Rose to the core by the fumbling of her fingers. Catalina doubted Rose knew she was doing it, and she knew Ambrosia was doing her best to put up a strong front. "Besides, you're much more beautiful than any girl I've ever seen, and I'm guessing Demetri thinks the same." Seeing Catalina's smirk, Rose could feel her cheeks burn slightly.

"Thanks, but you don't need to lie to make me feel better. I'd much rather hear the truth."

"I'm not lying!"