11. Save It.

Outside the dew-covered window, rose tinged clouds painted the azure sky. A bird sang its alluring melody from somewhere nearby, the only sound heard for miles. None of this interested Ambrosia however; she had a marvel of her own sleeping soundly before her.

Ambrosia lay in bed, watching Demetri's eyelids flicker. She didn't know the time, but she didn't care; Rose couldn't force herself to wake him up.

Ambrosia kissed Demetri lightly on the nose before nestling into his chest. For once in her life, her heartbeat was calm, never hesitating. It felt right to be in his arms, to know comfort through only a touch. With Demetri by her side, Rose's life became whole. The two were meant to be together.

Demetri's adorable when he's asleep, Rose thought to herself as she peacefully dozed back to sleep in his arms.

~

A feather-like sensation on her forehead woke Ambrosia up from her slumber. Her eyes fluttered open to see Demetri smiling fondly at her. As Demetri softly touched it, Ambrosia scrunched up her nose and giggled.

"I liked waking up to your kiss this morning," Demetri spoke kindly.

"You woke up after that? You should've told me. I would've stayed awake."

Demetri reached out his hand and gently caressed her cheek. "I couldn't wake you up, for seeing you asleep put me under your spell."

Ambrosia's gaze softened as she replied, "That's funny. After watching you sleep contentedly, I couldn't wake you up either. It was I who was under your control."

"Perhaps we were both under a spell," Demetri murmured.

"I guess so."

Stroking her hair, Demetri inquired, "What would you like to do today?" Ambrosia shrugged, her mind bouncing between various options.

Finally, she answered, "You want to go swimming?"

"If it is what you wish to do."

Ambrosia sprang out of bed, prepared to take the day on. Seeing Demetri first thing in the morning gave her the courage to continue with her day. Nothing could sour her cheerful mood. At least, that's what she thought.

Rose turned towards Demetri, who laid peacefully in her bed observing Ambrosia with great interest. "Do you have any swim trunks?" she questioned. Demetri, however, didn't respond.

As the short, newborn breeze settled, Demetri watched her nightshirt fall into place against her thighs before disappearing. The outline of his profile blurred, and Ambrosia's gaze flickered as he reappeared in front of her. Though the surrounding air could not match his speed, Rose followed his every step.

"I always leave a pair in my car, in case you ever want to go swimming. I'll go grab them while you get dressed," Demetri commented while strolling out the door.

Ambrosia strode over to her dresser and searched ineffectively for her own swimsuit as she undressed. She turned and looked in her dirty laundry basket with no luck. About to walk out the door, Rose remembered she didn't have any clothes on. She sighed, wondering where it could be.

Searching through her dresser once more, Ambrosia tried to remember where she had left her swimsuit the last time she went swimming- the day Demetri surprised her by coming over. Ambrosia had thrown her swimsuit in her hamper, and the next day had been laundry day. It must still be downstairs.

Rose hastily shielded a towel around herself and ran out the door, but as soon as she made it into the hall, she crashed into something. Hard. Ambrosia was knocked to the ground, clutching her towel tightly. Her eyes closed, Rose tried to regain the breath that had escaped her. A loud ache in her body screamed for relief.