13. Him.

Sitting in bed, Ambrosia hoped there was a way yesterday hadn't happened. It had to be some weird, horrible dream. Not because she didn't want Callum to be a werewolf or the horrid, rotten smell to be from Demetri, but because she didn't want to be this special werewolf everyone had been waiting for. Contemplating the numerous possibilities her destiny could mean sent shivers down her spine, made her chest quake, and forced her hands to become clammy each time. Ambrosia couldn't feel her fingertips and her heart beat drowned out all other sounds. Would she stop a war from happening? Was she a secret weapon for a war to come? Was her DNA thought to be a cure for werewolves everywhere? Maybe for a rare, incurable disease? Ambrosia couldn't bear to think about this any further. She didn't want to know what her destiny was. Rose didn't want to be this special werewolf girl. She only wished to be normal.

After taking a shower, Ambrosia threw on a pair of baggy sweats and headed downstairs to make herself cereal. In the kitchen doorway, with his back turned towards her, Callum stood.

"Are you hungry?" Callum questioned. About to answer, someone beat Ambrosia to it.

"No, I'm okay. I ate earlier," the voice of a girl sounded. With Callum towering over her, blocking her view, Rose could not see the girl's face.

While Ambrosia did her best to figure out who was in her home, she watched Callum nod his head. His expression told her he was unsure of what to say next; she felt sorry for him, but there weren't many people who Callum did not feel comfortable around. This could help her find out who the suspect was.

"Are you here for Ambrosia?"

Ambrosia puzzled who would come for her as she did not hang out with many people. Although she had acquaintances, she didn't hang out with them, only with her truly best friends.

"Yeah, is she here?" the strange girl asked.

"I don't know if that's a good idea," Callum cautioned.

"Why not?"

"Because I know what happened between you two."

Ambrosia thought back on every possible quarrel she might have had with someone. She usually brushed her emotions aside to get along with everyone, so she did not fight often. Who was this mystery girl?

"You do? Well, I only need to give her some things. Then, I'll be out of here, I promise. Can I do that?" the girl questioned. Hearing the falseness in her kind tone of voice, Ambrosia could point out her stuck-up nature. Her voice sounded oddly familiar, and only hearing it left Ambrosia a foul taste. Bit by bit, Ambrosia was putting the pieces together.

"She should be upstairs."

As Ambrosia noticed Callum turning to head upstairs, she tried her best to sprint to her room, but at the sound of her name, turned around, acting as if nothing happened. Rose realized the identity of the perpetrator immediately. Like a dog about to attack, she groaned in disbelief and stood ready to strike. Josephine stood before her. Rose glared at Callum, who wore an apologetic look. Discarding it, she quickly focused back on Josephine.

"What do you want?" Rose spat, crossing her arms.

"Can I talk to you alone?" Josephine asked in a fake tone of voice. With Callum there, she pretended to be the best of friends once more. If he hadn't been, Ambrosia was sure Josephine would be acting the same as her.

"Why? Callum knows about our fight. He agrees with me; you were a horrible best friend. I don't know why we ever were. You can say anything in front of him," Ambrosia told her. Out of the corner of her eye, she watched Callum shift uneasily and knew he wanted out of there.