chapter - 16

Normal POV

Kattapa walks into a room and picks up a sword covered with kumkum, smiles with pride and says," I am alive, yet dead. But you died ages ago, still alive in your people's hearts. You are immortal, my lord."

Kings palace:

Third pov

King BhalalDev was very angry by what happened at the ceremony. He was sitting in his room with his father and his son Bhadra.

He says to them,"The ceremony was for prastitaphan of my statue! But it still seemed like it was Bahubali's pratistaphan ceremony! Nothing has made me any more angry! People had forgotten his name long back. How can history repeat itself?"

Seeing the anger at his brothers eyes bahu smirks a little, at the thought of keeping him on his toes even from grave.

Bhijaladev arches his one brow and says,"How did they start calling out is name? Or did they see something that provoked them to do so.... . Uhm, not possible. He's dead!"

Suddenly the subjects of mahishmathi cries out "bahubali...bahubali...bahubali"

Watching his fathers anger Bhadra angrily says,"On your consent, can i cut each of their tongues? How dare they!"

BhalalDev tells his son,"Call out every soldiers who were watching over the slaves. NOW!"

Bhadra does accordingly.

Scene change:  outside the palace

It was night and Shiva didn't see any watch guards around, so he took the advantage of it. He starts climbing the palace. He jumps inside. He was standing in a hallway.

   He then sees, a group of soldiers walking towards him. He was shocked as there was no way out. He stands still. The group come closer and one of them shouts from behind,"What are you doing there? Join us. King wants to see us"

The atmosphere became tensed

Shiva sighs as he realises that he was dressed up like one of them. He joins them and enters BhalalDev's room. It was huge and beautiful.

        The walls were painted with royal colors. There were huge royal red coloured curtains near windows and doors. Shiva along with others stands in an organized manner.

BhalalDev asks all of them,"Tell me, who started calling out Bahubali's name?"

Everyone remained silent.

Bhadra shouts at them,"Are you going to tell me or do you want me to cut your tongues!"

This caused some angry murmuring...
Among the past audience..

Immediately everyone started murmuring,"I dont know my lord, i dont know,.."

Suddenly BhalalDev gets up and says,"Out of so many fools, none... none of you saw who started it?"

"I know who it was, my lord", speaks one of them.

BhalalDev looks up to see who said it. It was Shiva.

He starts walking towards king, and pretends to trip and fall. While pretending to fall, he pushes a table fire top towards one of the curtains.

       The curtains starts burning which leads to burning of other curtains too. Before disappearing, Shiva looks at BhalalDev with narrow eyes and leaves.

To past bhalla it felt like his nephew was looking right into his soul to judge him. It reminded him of bahubali.

Normal POV

The soldiers immediately cover the King and his son to protect them from fire. BhalalDev says to his son,"He seemed familiar. I have seen those eyes before! Bhadra, i need him alive! Everyone, go get him!

Everyone starts searching for him in the palace. Shiva confronts one soldier who hits Shiva's armor from behind, which broke the back of the armor.

       Shiva removes his armor and attacks back the soldier using his broken armour. He starts running fast as there were so many of them coming after him

This causes the people to start taking among themselves.... And royal family to stare at mahendra for his successful entrance to the palace...