chapter - 15

Mahishmathi POV

The people was keenely watching the movie to identify the changes that occurred to their country in the absence of amarendra and sivagami..

Shiva enters the kingdom. He sees there was a ceremony going on. A pratistapan of the statue of king BhalalDev. There were traditional dances going on. Traditional singers singing and many other activities going on for entertainment.

         Meanwhile, the slaves were struggling hard to lift the statue. More than hundreds of slaves were pulling ropes that helped the statue to stand.

The soldiers whipped them on their backs if any of them weren't putting enough efforts.

This made the people angry that such a thing would have happened in the distant future if bhallaldevas plot was successful.

There was old man in front of all slaves pulling one of the ropes. He was very weak, and it was very sunny. The old man felt dizzy and he lost grip of the rope, then he fell down on the ground which disturbed the balance the slaves behind him. Few of them fell and the rope starts moving backwards. Other ropes lost balance too. The statue was slowly falling backwards. The slaves standing right behind the statue started crying as they were going to die.

This caused the audience to cry out in fear believing that they are going to witness the death of many innocent people.

Bhijaladeva looked at the situation and screams,"For erecting your King's statue, cant there be a sacrifice of 100-200 men?"

As if agreeing with this his past self also nodded his head. This caused sivagami to grit her teeth and shift her attention to the screen.

Just then Shiva who had covered his face with scarff comes running and holds the rope and starts pulling it forwards.

As if he was the lord shiva himself he completely stopped the descend of the statue.
Looking at him in wonder, the fallen men joined him, everyone again started lifting the statue by pulling the rope.

Just like their future self people mahishmathi looked at mahendra as if he was the second coming of his father .

The old guy was still on the ground unable to get up. Shiva extends his one hand and helps him to get up. He then sets off to leave the place before give an assuring look to the old guy.

The past self of that old man thanked mahendra for helping him. Mahendra simply smiled at him.

       At that time, his scarf accidently blew off exposing Shiva's face. Shiva smiles at the old man and then covers himself again, then leaves.The old man was shocked to see Shiva's face. He was familiar to the face.
    His eyes wide open out of shock, he whispers,"Baahubali!"

The slaves behind whispered Bahubali too. Soon every slaves starts chanting," Bahubali! Bahubali! Bahubali!...."

        as if the name gave them hopes and strength to carry on the painful work. Soon the whole crowd started chanting Bahubali too. The soldiers of Mahismati started hitting the slaves to stop.

Shiva hits a soldier behind a back, without anyone noticing. He thens takes out his armor and dresses himself as soldier of Mahismati.

The statue was perfectly erected but the whole crowd was still screaming,"bahubali"

There was a smile on Kattapa's face while King BhalalDev looked so angry that he would kill any man he comes across. He stood up furiously as he sees Devasena.

When she saw this devasena started to slowly smirk looking ath bhallaldeva

Devasena lifts her face with pride. She looks at Bhalaldev and smirks at him. She smiles as everyone calls out Bahubali's name.

*************
Scene change :Bottom of the waterfall
Sanga cries,"Open the cave fast! Shiva hasn't come home since 15 days! I dont even know where he is, How he is."

Her husband says,"He must've met his people. He must have realised he doesnt belong here."

Sanga cries more,"So he will never come back? He will never call me as his mother?"

Watching this was heartbreaking to mahendra as to him she was also his mother

She screams at her men," Work fast! We need to go there and find Shiva as soon as possible!"

The villagers finally move the huge stones and open the cave which was closed down years ago.

They all go inside heading to the Mahismati Kingdom.