chapter - 12

Bahubali POV

Kattapa seems to struggles to get up by taking support of the pillar nearby. Bhalal dev watches him getting up.

BhalalDev looks at Kattapa with narrow eyes and says,"Your loyalty never fails to surprise me Kattapa! I know how much you hate me, but still, you chose my life over yours. How Kattapa? How do you it?"

What did he mean by that ? Bahubali asked his son .

Mahendra replied "I don't know. I think the movie will explain it , if its what i think it is ."

Kattapa remained silent.

Bhalal further continues,"Ask me for anything. Ill fulfill your desire. Anything."

Every one looks to the screen to know his wish

Kattapa falls to his knees and joins his hands together and says,"You know i have only one wish for years. Its been 25 years, Devasena is being punished. She's been locked in that cage for too long my lord. Please free her, that's my only wish you can fulfill my lord."

Hearing this bahubali feels like killing someone . but controls his emotions to console devasena jr .

BhalalDev smirks and extends his hand towards one of his men, who hands a sword to him. Bhalal then asks Kattapa to take the sword,"Take this and free Devasena forever."

Kattapa stepped back out of shock. Bhalal further continued,"Death is the best way to attain freedom, isn't it Kattapa? No huh? SO LET HER SUFFER! NOT ONLY FOR TWENTY FIVE YEARS BUT TILL HER LAST BREATHE."
Bhalal dev leaves the place angrily

Hearing the words that were coming out of bhallas mouth left everyone angry.

Scene change

Palace courtyard

Bhalal Dev walks towards the open place infront of the huge palace. There was a small cage built where Devasena was imprisoned for years.

Bhalal's son runs towards the cage with a steel rod and starts poking Devasena who was sleeping inside the cage. He pokes her and calls," Oh old women, wake up. Wake up you ugly old women! The King is here to see you"

Seeing the light of their nation suffering like this was a slap in the face of devasenas family

Devasena weakly opens her eyes and weakly tries to stand up. She was wearing a torn, really old saree which was very muddy and dirty. Her face and hair were muddy and dirty too. It looked like she haven't bathe since years. Her hands and legs were chained to the cage. She walks out of the cage weakly, looking down.

Bahubali and his son was suppressing their rage for the sake of devasena .

Bhalal dev walks towards her and says,"Years back, you chose HIM over me! And here i am, standing in front of you, King of Mahishmati! Mahishmati has forgotten him Devasena. The people here have forgotten him. No one even talks about him, his name is long gone in the history. This chains tied in your hands, do they ever call out his name? Hahahaha....

These word proved to have broken the proverbial camels back. This made mahendra lose his cool. Suddenly jumping from his seat shaking in rage he bowed to his parents and sivagami and walked swiftly out of the throne room.