chapter - 10

Kattappa pov

     Kattapa wasn't just a slave to the Mahismati kingdom, he was a skilled warrior, he was the royal bodyguard of Bijjaladeva the incumbent king.

         Kattapa's forefathers,in the beginning , pledged their allegiance and loyalty to the rulers of Mahismati Kingdom.

The royal family and people of of mahishmatho accepts it as it was the truth. But suddenly bahubali chips in and says
" still you're my beloved uncle who spoiled me by telling me stories in my youth".

One of the workers informs Kattapa, "Kattapa, Mr. Aslam Khan has came here to present you his swords"

Kattapa nods his head in agreement.

Kattapa visits the place where Mr. Khan was waiting for him. He was sitting under a tent along with his bodyguards standing beside him.

"Greetings to you Kattapa, have a seat"

"What is your purpose of coming all the way to Mahismati?"

"Im here to offer you to buy my swords, it's the best sword you've ever seen Kattapa"

Mr. Khan shows him his sword. He removes the cloth gently above the sword.

Kattapa lifts the sword easily in one hand, walks out of the tent, swings the sword in various ways and then hands it over to Mr. Khan.

"It's good, but not as good as swords in Mahismati", saying that Kattapa sets off to leave.

This made everyone smile as if agreeing with his statement.

   Angrily, Mr. Khan bangs his both hands to the table near him. He looks at Kattapa angrily, "How dare you turn down my offer?"

       With that, he picks ups his sword and points the end to Kattapa. Soldiers around go to rescue but kattapa raises his hand to indicate that he can handle this alone.

Third pov

People eagerly watches the fight...

Kattapa takes out his sword and swings at Khan. But Khan was a great warrior too. But not better than Kattapa. Kattapa showed him his skills by splitting Mr. Khan's sword, leaving everyone speechless.

Mr. Khan immediately cools down and starts praising Kattapa. While walking to the lunch table, he tells him that he has never seen such a great warrior in his whole life. Mr. Khan then offers Kattapa to sit with him and have lunch with him.

Kattapa immediately backs off and says,"No sir, i do not belong here. I do not deserve this honor."

Mr. Khan surprisingly asks him, "Why not? You deserve every honor, being such a great warrior"

One of the soldiers comes forward and says,"He fights like no one else, he never puts his life ahead of his king, but at the end of the day, he is a king's slave."

Suddenly bahubali asks to everyone "is that how everyone sees him. A simple slave? And not a noble warrior.?" One can detect a hint of anger at his words.

Mr. Khan stands up out of shock, and then he gently says,"Tell me Kattapa, what amount do they need to free you? 10000, 2 0000 gold coins? I'll double the amount just to free you."

Kattapa says, "My freedom has no amount, my ancestors served the great kings of Mahismati for years, im just following their footsteps and always will."

Sivagami tells to kattappa.. "Thankyou kattappa for always remaining loyal to mahishmathi and your ancestors. Your name will always be remembered by the future generation of mahishmathi"

Mr. Khan hugs Kattapa giving him respects and then leaves.