f o u r t y t w o

The fact that it was almost 2 in the morning and Grayson still wasn't home, was honestly starting to bother me. He wanted to go out and have some fun with some friends because Ethan was out helping their father, with something.

It didn't bother me that he went out because I wanted to stay home and relax, but the moment that he didn't come back home when he said he would, thats when I started getting really worried.

He told me that he'd be back soon, which was an hour ago. I called and texted him countless times at this point, but I wasn't getting anything back in return.

My nerves finally started calming down when my phone rang.

I immediately sat up, grabbing it.

"Where the hell are you? Are you okay?"

"I'm almost home, I'm sorry that I kept you worried, things just got out of hand at this part," He sighed loudly. "I fucked up, Sarah, worse than ever before."

"What do you mean? What did you do?"

"I-I don't want to talk about this over the phone, I'll just tell you when I'm home."

With saying that, the line went dead, he ended the call.

I just laid in bed, waiting for him to walk through the doors. I think it was about a solid 10 minutes before he actually walked in. When he did, it felt like my heart sank 15 feet.

When he walked in, he stumbled around, I jumped off the bed to meet him in the living room. I jumped into his arms.

"I'm glad your home, safely-" I began to say, but I stopped as I heard a small whine escape from his lips. "Oh, I'm sorry, did I hurt you?" I let go, lightly. 

Since the living room was dark, I couldn't see his face, the only thing you could see was his outline, from the pale moonlight shining in.

When I walked over to flip the light switch up, I was in total shock when I finally saw his face in the light.

His white t-shirt had blood stains on it, he was cut up, bruises forming around his eye and lower face.

"Baby," I walked a few inches closer towards him. "what happened to you? Who did this?"

"I told you, I fucked up." He said in the most softest tone.

"Just tell me what happened."

"Please don't be mad at me." He began. "I know that you told me not to worry about it, but I couldn't stop myself, I just got so angry and he-" 

"He? Who's he Grayson?" 

"Let me finish before you interrupted again," He said. "Look, I know you told me not to worry about it, but I just saw him and he was talking so much shit about you, and us and it just made me so angry. I wasn't about to just stand there and listen to the unlimited amount of bullshit that he was saying. I'm not a fighter and you know that, but I was just so angry, I don't know what came over me."

He paused to take a small breather, was he quickly wiped the small tear away, that was about to escape from his eye before I caught it.

When I looked over at him, to see him wiping his own tear away, thats when it hit me. I've been dating him for over a year, and I've never once seen him cry.

"The next thing I knew was that we were all fighting on the street. I was just throwing punch after punch, I was scared that I wasn't going to stop." He added as the tears began falling more.

"Grayson, baby, please don't cry," I said as I was now wiping them off his face. "It's okay, its done and over with. There's nothing we can do about it anymore. Everything is okay, I promise."