I just smile weakly, not knowing if I truly believe him. As Celeborn and Galadriel finally reach the shores, they get off the wooden swan boat. Haldir seems to drift to the side. I spot three empty canoes and another one filled with goods. Elves start loading all the goods on the three elven boats.

"Never before have we clad strangers in the garbs of our people." Celeborn says to the others, "I see you already have a cloak, Representer and it has lots of value to you. To the rest I say may these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes."

Some elves hand out the elvish cloaks to the Fellowship. They also give the Fellowship Lothlorien leaf brooches to tie them with. Since I don't have the brooch, an elf hands one to me as well.
Legolas helps unload the other items in the nearby boat and holds up a wafer.

"Lembas!" he says with enthusiasm, "One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man!"

He walks back up to the shore and I hear Merry and Pippin on the boat.

"How many did you eat?", Merry asks Pippin.

"Four.", Pippin answers as he burps.

"Hobbits...", I mumble to myself, hiding a small smile.

The Fellowship then lines up in front of Galadriel as she hands us all parting gifts. Legolas got a great bow of the Galadrim, Merry and Pippin got daggers of the Noldorin, and Sam received elven rope made of Hithlain. I couldn't tell what Gimli got for it was so small.

Aragorn and Galadriel have a private chat, but I couldn't hear of what. Boromir got a golden belt and Frodo was given a crystal vile. The vile contains the light of Earendil, a star that shines the way in dark places. After they all get their gifts, the Fellowship climbs into the elvish canoe boats that are given to us.

"Last of all, Amber Light." Galadriel says warmly, placing a necklace in my hand, "Like I said before, battle and loss is in store. This necklace will help you hold true to your purpose and protect you in battle."

I examine the necklace and see it shaped as an elven tree like all the ones in Lothlorien. It is made out of Mithril.

"Thank you Lady of Light.", I beam.

"Remain yourself." Galadriel says, her smile fading slightly, "The day the Fellowship will break is approaching, fast. You must make a choice. Whatever path you follow, you help save Middle Earth. Na-ded pedim ad Representer of Galadriel."
(Until we speak again)

I nod and go on the boat with Gimli and Legolas. Boromir, Merry and Pippin are in the second one. Aragorn, Sam and Frodo are in the third and last canoe. As we all start to row, elvish singing begins.

"Ai!
Laurie lantar lassi surien,
Yeni untime ve aramardi Lisse-miruvoreva,
Andune pella vardo tellumar,
Nu luini yassen tintilar i eleni..."

(Alas!
Like golf fall the leaves in the wind,
long years numberless as the wings of the trees!
The long years have passed like swift draughts of the sweat mead in lofty halls beyond the West,
beneath the vaults of Varda where in the stars tremble in the song of her voice...)

The song continues as we row further down the river. Galadriel stands on the shore, her hand up in parting.

"May the necklace bring estel to you, Amber Light."

I then see Haldir wave and I return the gesture.

"Maybe we can meet in our dreams again, mellon?", he asks in my mind.

"I think that was only a one time thing. A little gift from the Valar.", I put together for the first time.

As we round a corner, Lothlorien, my home disappears. We float beside forests and watch mountains rise from the distance. Gimli is the first to break the silence in our boat.

"I have taken my worst wound at this parting, having looked my last upon the fairest. I will call nothing fair unless it be her gift to me."

"What was it?", Legolas asks full of interest.

"I asked her for one hair from her golden hair. She gave me three.", Gimli blushes slightly.

Legolas smiles softly and I try to suppress one.

"What about Lady Galadriel being an Elf-Witch of terrible power?", I mock.

"Forgive me Amber." he replies at once, "Never will I believe rumours again. It was wrong of me to say those horrible things and for not trusting you."

"Hmm..." I make up my mind, grinning, "I guess I will forgive you."

We travel further through the River of Anduin, beside rocky cliffs. I see a flash of some creature running with the boats. We are not alone unfortunately. Boromir, Legolas and Aragorn seem to notice as well.

"Looks like we've got some friends.", I whisper sarcastically, so as not to scare the hobbits.

----------------------------------------------

Aiya: Hello/Hi

Lle baa belegohtar: You are a mighty warrior

Ada: Dad/Father

Galu: Good bye/Good luck

Lissenen ar'maska' lalaith tehna' lye omentuva: Sweet water and light laughter till next we meet

Na lu e-gavaned vin: Until next we meet

Navaer: Farewell

Na-ded pedim ad: Until we speak again

Ai!
Laurie lantar lassi surien,
Yeni untime ve aramardi Lisse-miruvoreva,
Andune pella vardo tellumar,
Nu luini yassen tintilar i eleni... :
Alas!
Like gold fall the leaves in the wind,
long years numberless as the wings of the trees!
The long years have passed like swift draughts of the sweat mead in lofty halls beyond the West,
beneath the vaults of Varda where in the stars tremble in the song of her voice...

Estel: Hope

Mellon: Friend

~Talia Spirit