Chapter 18

I didn't get much rest. Just before dawn, Haldir wakes up.

"Aiya.", I greet him.
(Hello)

"Aiya." he repeats, "You have to leave when the sun rises. I will take you to your parents again before you set off."

In a few minutes we reach my house and walk inside. My mom and dad are both awake, waiting to say goodbye. My dad hugs me first this time.

"Lle baa belegohtar.", he says kindly.
(You are a mighty warrior)

"I'm hardly a warrior ada.", I say back.

"You've made it this far already." he says, "You are full of strength and courage. Galu, Amber. I love you."
(Good luck)

My mom hugs me next.

"Lissenen ar'maska' lalaith tehna' lye omentuva. I miss you already. Just stay safe."
(Sweet water and light laughter till next we meet)

"Of course mom." I reply, "Aren't I always?"

"Wait!" my ada says, "I think you are forgetting some important things."

I put my hand where my sword should be out of instinct, but feel nothing. My bow is missing as well, along with my moms cloak I wear. I must have left it here yesterday when I came home.

"Took you long enough!" my father laughs, "They are all on the table."

I go to the table and sure enough, my weapons and cloak are there. They look different. My dad's second-hand weapons he gave me look all new and polished. My moms cloak is all washed and sewed where gashes and rips used to be. I also notice new clothes, complete with light brown boots and extra arrows for my bow.

"Woah!" I gasp, "This is all for me? You did not have to do this."

"Your our daughter who represents Galadriel on the quest to save Middle Earth. Of course we had to do this, now go put everything on!", my mother encourages me.

Taking my new supplies I change in my small room. I have missed everything about it; the elegant carved furniture, to the view of the massive trees in my window. While there, I put my hair in an elvish hairstyle and grab a silver ring designed as swirls and vines. My parents gave it to me when I was only a hundred.

I head back out in five minutes. My dad ties the cloak around me and says how he believes in me. My mom kisses my cheek and says her final farewell. Haldir and I leave, and a short while later we reach the harbour where the Fellowship departs.

Every Fellowship member is here. Galadriel and Celeborn slowly make their way to the shore in the most beautiful boat, shaped as a swan. I can tell they are waiting for Haldir and I to say goodbye.

"Na lu e-gavaned vin.", Haldir says first.
(Until next we meet)

I don't say anything but instead wrap my arms around him. He hugs me back. This could be the last time I see him. What if something happens? Apparently he can sense my thoughts so he comforts me.

"Remember what you said, Amber? Your fate is to be on the quest to destroy the Ring. I understand why you leave now, and left to begin with. Don't be so down, you will be fine."

"It is not me that I'm worried about." I say honestly, pulling away from him, "I'm worried for all my friends in the Fellowship. Mithrandir is already gone. I am also worried for my parents and you."

"If I look out for your parents then you can protect the Fellowship. Things will work out the way they do." Haldir reassures as we hug one last time, "Navaer. We will see each other soon, I can tell."
(Farewell)