Twenty Five

Ally

"Why is so awkward every time we make eye contact with each other?" Maddy asks me as she walks around her room.

"It's okay if you two are awkward, this is normal in relationships" I try to comfort her.

"But the problem is that we are both acting that we are not even dating" Maddy continues on.

"Maddy calm down" I stopped her.

"I can't calm down I miss him but i'm afraid to talk to him" She admitted.

"Maddy go and take a shower, you need some alone time" I turn her around and pushed her into her washroom.

I started to get a little hungry so I went downstairs to grab a snack.

I open the pantry and see a bag of chips.

As I grab it my phone starts to ring. I look at the caller id and answer it.

"Hey babe" I said opening the bag.

"Hey" he said sounding depressed.

"What's wrong?"

"Connor has not eaten anything today" Mitch said.

"Is it because of Maddy?"

"Yeah he misses her so much" I can hear Mitch take a deep breath.

"It's not going so well over here" I said.

"Well what should we do?? I can't see two of my best friends not talk to each other" Mitch says as an idea pops in my head.

"Mitch convince Connor to come to that French restaurant downtown. Please be there at 6" I said immediately hanging up the phone not hearing Mitch's response.

"MADDY!" I yell.

"What?" She says opening her washroom door.

"We are going shopping for some nice clothes" I took her hand and walked her out the front door.

"Why are we shopping for nice clothes?" She asked.

"We are having a little reunion tonight" I said.

                               Maddy

"Is this dress nice?" Ally shows me a dress.

"Yeah looks great" I said not even looking at the dress.

"Maddy you need to lighten up" Ally says.

"I can't when i'm currently not talking to my boyfriend" I said.

"Can't this be a shopping trip without any of our boyfriends being mentioned?" Ally asks. I guess she is annoyed at me for talking about Connor this whole time.

"Okay only because you asked politely" I said.

"Here try this on" Ally passes me an outfit.

We both head into the dressing rooms. I was the first one to come out.

I checked myself at the mirror while waiting for Ally to come out.

"Ready?" She says before coming out.

"Nice" I complimented her.

"Good thing we didn't choose anything too dressy" She said.

"Let's change our and pay, we have to meet the boys at the restaurant in an hour" Ally says.

"Boys?" She didn't tell me anything about boys being there.

"Uh I mean boy, Mitch is going to be there" Ally quickly says going into her changing room.

Ally better not be lying to me about who's going to be there at dinner

                                  ~

"Hi we have a table for 4" Ally days to the lady as she leads us to our table.

She places the menus on the table as we take our seats.

"This is a nice restaurant" I said admiring the decorations.

Ally and I sit down and look through the menu. Minutes later we see two men walk into the restaurant.

"There they are" Ally points at them as I recognize both of them.

"What are they doing here?" I ask Ally just before they come up to us.

"Hey guys" Mitch says taking a seat next to Ally.

"Hey baby" Ally gives Mitch a kiss.

Connor takes a seat next to me which I was somehow uncomfortable with.

"Hey" he whispers in my ear.

"Hey" I reply back not making eye contact with him.

This is going to be an uncomfortable dinner