Thirty Four

Connor

I open my eyes to hear beating sounds from beside me.

What the hell just happened?

My head hurts a little.

I see my Mom and Dad and other people looking at me with concern in their eyes.

"Hello i'm Dr Raymond what's your name?" This man in a white coat asked.

"Connor Mcdavid" I said.

"Okay good he remembers his name" the doctor wrote down on his clipboard.

"So what's the matter with him doc?" My mom asked.

"Connor hit his head in the accident causing him to lose some of his memories. Don't worry because he only lost 9 months of his memory" The doc said as everyone in the room just stayed quiet.

I looked around the room.

I recognized my parents, my best friend Mitch and his girlfriend Ally.

I noticed Lauren Kyle. I remember that we had a connection in high school that turned into something special when I got drafted to the Edmonton Oilers.

I'm pretty sure that she is still my girlfriend as of right now.

I then see this girl at the corner which I don't recognize.

She had brown hair and a nose piercing. I took a closer look as she had beautiful green eyes and a beautiful smile.

"Connor baby are you okay?" Lauren asked me.

"Yeah babe" I said back to her making her smile.

"How long is his memory loss?" My dad asked.

"He might remember some things in the future but as of right now he most likely won't remember anything that happened in the last 9 months".

I then see the girl who I didn't recognize leave the room.

"Maddy!" Mitch called out before going out the door.

For some reason my head hurt after hearing that name.

"Here babe have some water" Lauren gave me water.

                            Maddy

I walked out his room crying.

I can't believe he doesn't remember what happened in the last 9 months.

Connor and I's relationship is like non existent.

I slide my back against the wall and buried my face in my knees.

On top of everything happening he calls Lauren "babe" making me believe that he thinks Lauren is his girlfriend.

"Maddy" I hear Mitch's voice.

I look up at him and just wiped my tears.

Mitch takes a seat on the ground next to me.

"I'm sorry" he says giving me a small hug.

"Yeah i'm sorry too" I cried out.

"I guess this means that you two aren't together anymore?" Mitch says as I nod my head.

"I don't think it's worth my time to be with him. He doesn't remember what we've had" I said.

"Maddy I know that deep inside of him he still loves you" Mitch comforts me.

"I love him too but I feel like right now he's in love with Lauren".

"Maddy i'm always going to be here with you" Mitch said.

"I'm going home, I don't think I should stay here" I said getting up and giving Mitch one last hug.

"Okay be safe. Ally and I will stop by later" Mitch says as I just nodded lightly and walked away.

I drove back home just thinking about Connor.

I know that he probably isn't thinking about me right now.

I know that there is a piece of Connor that still remembers me and what we've had.

I pulled up to my driveway and that's where I broke down.

I put my head on the steering wheel and cried.

I just lost the person I love and now he doesn't remember me.

A/N

So this is the end of Book 1. Book 2 will come out very soon but in the meantime I have another book called Trust that I will be working on. I will make an announcement on here when the second book will come out.